Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 02-28-2007, 09:24 PM
mfosouto mfosouto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
Cool Pay Per Click Strategy

Hello!

Anyone having success with Pay Per Click?

I started using GoClick, but I think they send too much junk traffic.

Do you know other ones that accept gambling websites?
__________________
Free Poker Strategy | Internet Poker
The Online Poker Life
PM me for Link and Article Exchange.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
JohnH JohnH is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 37
Default

Be careful which PPC search engines you use. I have found some of the second and third tier search engines to convert much lower than organic results. I would maybe try Enhance. I have had some results with them in the past.
__________________
Official Party Poker Bonus Codes
Poker Article Directory
Facebook Me
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 469
Default

Not sure if Enhance has changed but I had horrible experiences with them and look smart several years ago. Ah-ha was not to bad but when they became enhance there really were aweful for fraud clicks..
I used to work with a company that spent over $400K per “month” in pay per clicks and our results with Enhance and looksmart were terrible. We were doing awesome with the big companies.
__________________
“Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man’s appetite by legislation and makes crimes out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.” - Abraham Lincoln
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 336
Default

Any reputable company (Google, Yahoo, etc.) does not allow gambling ads... and 99% of the rest have a lot of fake clicks (when you look at your logs you'll notice that most of the visitors coming from these PPC sites are worthless). The only PPC site I'd recommend is AdBrite
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Any reputable company (Google, Yahoo, etc.) does not allow gambling ads
Yes Google, Yahoo and MSN don't allow direct linking to online gambling sites....... but why not advertise a poker newsletter, poker ecourse or poker ebook on the pay-per-clicks and then advise your subscribers on the best online poker rooms through your affiliate links on the back end?

You just have to be a little bit creative in your marketing.

It absolutely amazes me that more marketers aren't using this approach.

Sure there's some competition from Rory Rounder and the like.........but compare that to the thousands of poker affiliate websites attempting to get traffic by SEO?

I've been in the poker affiliate and SEO biz for many years now and..... I give up.

Competition is increasing and the market is shrinking...... daily.

I now spend 95% of my online marketing efforts in non-online gambling.

But that's just me.

There is still good money to be made in this industry.... and probably always will be....... but the days of building a new poker site, write lots of great unique content, get back links and watch the money roll in..... ARE OVER.

If I was new to this game..... knowing what I know now... I would be all over the major pay per clicks to get my customers.

I'd create a newsletter or maybe an online strategy course, joint venture with some popular or controversial players in the industry, create some buzz.....build a cult following of sorts.

And then I'd get major sign ups, exclusive member tournaments... and reap the benefits of major $$$$.

My point is you have to offer something totally unique to make the big money in today's market.

Don't let FEAR stop you........... do something completely outrageous and unprecedented.

Man I wish I was twenty years old again. lol

Good luck to you all.
__________________
Where Is The Big Money Today? Old-School Poker Affiliate Tactics Are Just Not Enough Anymore!
Learn How To Send Massive Amounts Of Free Traffic To Your Poker Sites With Viral Web 2.0 Strategies.
Don't Get Left In The Dust By Your Competition! - Grab Your Share Of The Poker Pie Before They Do.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 03-02-2007, 05:32 AM
anyone926 anyone926 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 32
Default

HI,Dave,Nice to meet you here.I quite agree with you.And you leave this industry?
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4
Default Dave

Dave, great post. You give some good idea's and better yet, got me thinking outside the box a little more. I'm always trying to find new idea's, or inspiration to try something brave and new to try.

Thanks for your thoughts,

The Donk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Limit Holdem Strategy Article losercore The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 08-08-2006 06:53 AM
Page views not Converting psmoney General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 02-22-2006 12:59 PM
Watch out for goclick.com Bad pay per click site the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 01-11-2006 05:35 AM
Testing Pay Per Click Search Engines Randy Search Engine Optimization 1 10-21-2005 01:05 AM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 09:13 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0