News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:25 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 130
Default That's not my reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Any US funds are frozen, so even if peer to peer was available it would not matter.

I understood it was just funds that had been in transit which were frozen.
My understanding was that funds already safely in trust accounts were accessible.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2007, 01:53 AM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 298
Default

No, things have changed xpert. Initially, I was told the funds were in NEteller trust funds. Now they are saying US funds are frozen.

i'm sure the amount is still recorded some where, but not available to us or NEteller now.

SmackDog
__________________
Vegas Poker 24/7 Leader Board - Earn points while playing in online poker tournaments and ring games at Vegas Poker 24/7! Win cash, prizes and free roll entries for finishing on our monthly leader boards!

Internet Poker Leagues
Online Poker Satellite Center

Smack Dog Poker Championship Series - FREE CASH added to our main events! Two chances to qualify each week for FREE!

PM me for link exchanges!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2007, 05:14 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 130
Default well, then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDog
No, things have changed xpert. Initially, I was told the funds were in NEteller trust funds. Now they are saying US funds are frozen.

i'm sure the amount is still recorded some where, but not available to us or NEteller now.

SmackDog

they have to be among the biggest corporate liars seen in a while.

I have emails they sent to a friend 2 days ago saying that their American friend could transfer money with no problem.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 298
Default

That is not what they are telling me. I was told that US customers could not move money any more because funds were frozen by DOJ. I'm assuming the DOJ seized their funds so that they can control how the money gets back to US customers and so Neteller can't just keep all the cash and say oops, we can't send it to you looks like your screwed.

SmackDog
__________________
Vegas Poker 24/7 Leader Board - Earn points while playing in online poker tournaments and ring games at Vegas Poker 24/7! Win cash, prizes and free roll entries for finishing on our monthly leader boards!

Internet Poker Leagues
Online Poker Satellite Center

Smack Dog Poker Championship Series - FREE CASH added to our main events! Two chances to qualify each week for FREE!

PM me for link exchanges!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 130
Default They are liars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDog
That is not what they are telling me. I was told that US customers could not move money any more because funds were frozen by DOJ. I'm assuming the DOJ seized their funds so that they can control how the money gets back to US customers and so Neteller can't just keep all the cash and say oops, we can't send it to you looks like your screwed.

SmackDog

I have a foreign friend who was contacting them asking if his American friend could transfer money to him, and they repeatedly told him - in writing - that there would be no problem transfering as long as the account was "certified." I've seen the emails.

Of course, what they avoided telling him was that all US accounts were decertfied.

I read on another forum that the network that CDPoker belongs to is about to refuse using Neteller for even NON-USA customers - "in order to protect the best interests of their customers."
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-2007, 01:44 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 355
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

selling the seed is not illegal although cultivating and selling on the finished product is.

I can think of another reason I just realised the other day
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 355
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

I think I entered the wrong thread
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:10 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 156
Default

I was told that USA funds are not all frozen, just the ones that were pending cashout around Jan 17th. If you have money in the account, it is usuable. Of course we can not cash out, we can not purchase at gaming sites, and we can not peer 2 peer transfer...

...however I was told that we can spend to any non gaming merchant. I cant find a single one, but if someone was to set up a merchant account selling prepaid Visa cards, I dont see why we wouldnt be able to purchase from them and finally be cashed out.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-2007, 07:05 PM
joeker joeker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucladave
I was told that USA funds are not all frozen, just the ones that were pending cashout around Jan 17th. If you have money in the account, it is usuable. Of course we can not cash out, we can not purchase at gaming sites, and we can not peer 2 peer transfer...

...however I was told that we can spend to any non gaming merchant. I cant find a single one, but if someone was to set up a merchant account selling prepaid Visa cards, I dont see why we wouldnt be able to purchase from them and finally be cashed out.

This is true...only pending transfers were seized by the DOJ because they were in the American banking system and thus accessible by US law enforcement
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Neteller Information I liked them too Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Cocktail Lounge 0 01-19-2007 05:06 AM
Breaking News - Neteller is Done in U.S. Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 01-17-2007 10:29 PM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 09:03 PM
Is this a new neteller scam? email i received? checked neteller and couldnt find info the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 07-15-2006 12:26 PM
Ever had your heart stop? : Neteller account closed Kyle General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 06-12-2006 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0