Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   Non-US Bank (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/8390-non-us-bank.html)

PokerProp 01-23-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeker
Not really....you know how many Americans have regular deposits over 10k?

Alot


Yes they are required it is that law for $10K or more. Also if someone deposits $9996 a time or two then they would also be required to file a suspicious activity report. This is structuring which is a crime.
They are also required to fill this report if there are multiple offshore transactions being made or anything else that raises suspicion.

Dave 01-23-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

A poster on another forum said that the bank he works at had about 200 USA account the last couple days. A typical day is 1 maybe 2.

You're taking legal advice from "a poster at another forum"?

PokerProp 01-23-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propplayer
A poster on another forum said that the bank he works at had about 200 USA account the last couple days. A typical day is 1 maybe 2.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
You're taking legal advice from "a poster at another forum"?



The part you quoted, not sure how that would be legal advice. His post was just saying how shocked he was with all the USA business his branch is getting.

I’m not claiming to be an expert on gambling law or international banking at all. I have had a lot of legal experience with this in the past. I was one of those teenagers that made million and then lost millions online during the .com boom. I had lawyers and dozens of offshore IBC and trust and all the good things you could get away with back then. I was bad with money though and filed bankruptcy with a couple million in debt after just 6 months earlier having 2 mill free and clear. I was in the circle for a while and still have friends (who were not dumb like I was in terms of investing all the money into lemons) who don’t have to go through customs both ways on a trip because they have an identity in both counties. I have more experience then the typical online gambler in all three of international trade, gambling law and various counties banking procedure. I’m in no way an expert so doing own research on what I suggest would be wise.

joeker 01-23-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokerProp
Yes they are required it is that law for $10K or more. Also if someone deposits $9996 a time or two then they would also be required to file a suspicious activity report. This is structuring which is a crime.
They are also required to fill this report if there are multiple offshore transactions being made or anything else that raises suspicion.


I know that, wasn't saying they weren't was just pointing out that 10k deposits nowadays are not unusual for the average American.

To say that will trigger an audit is spurious at best

Dave 01-23-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

The part you quoted, not sure how that would be legal advice. His post was just saying how shocked he was with all the USA business his branch is getting.


Fair enough PokerProp. I respect your opinions.

It's just that propplayer said "some guy posted" that 200 Americans per day are opening Canadian bank accounts to play online poker..... large numbers of people doing something doesn't mean it's a good idea on it's own.

I'm just giving out my own personal experience with Canadian banks, as a Canadian poker affiliate. It's been a rough year for me personally.

If that is true..... I wonder how 1000's of Americans opening up Canadian bank accounts all at once is going to go over here in Canada?

I see red flags and government probes into this "suspision activity".

I'll have to liquor up my bank employee friend for the scoop.

joeker 01-23-2007 09:04 PM

lol

well if it's true that many are opening accounts, thats definitely going to cause a stir or a reaction

edmc 01-23-2007 09:16 PM

Ive heard U can register an account with thr Royal Bank of Canada online.

To open an account in the UK someone has to present documentation. ie proof of employment/residency.

I opened an account in the US and had to go through the same process but I worked for a bank in the UK, dealt with accounts & regularly read through all your transactions.

A $10k plus transaction will trigger your account but so will smaller lump sums flirting in & out your account. The checks are only in place to detect money laundering. I highly doubt Canada give a shit about the US Gambling ban, they are happy with the extra business.

xpertadvice4u 01-23-2007 09:49 PM

A solution for UK bank accounts, By Jove!
 
http://www.workgateways.com/working-uk-banking.html

This site here says you can buy a banking package before you leave home, and you do not even need a fixed address or job! One of them even includes an adaptor for your cell phone!

edmc 01-23-2007 09:57 PM

That looks a pretty good option

Dave 01-23-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

I highly doubt Canada give a shit about the US Gambling ban, they are happy with the extra business.

That is absolutely wrong.

Google "canadian gambling laws" or what ever, and you will see that there has been a huge push by many Canadians to outlaw online gambling in Canada for many, many years.

American and Canadian culture is almost identicle.

I was going to post a long anti-American rant about this but decided to deleted it.

When is this madness going to stop.

Remember the good old days Jeremy, PPP, Brandon, Randy, Audio..... everyone who was here even 2 years ago?

Remember when our biggest problems were getting more traffic to our sites and converting play money players into cash?

Promoting a game we love to play and making good money doing it with no hassles what so ever?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0