News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 793
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default Wordpress the way to go ?

I am going to add a blog to drawdead and wanted to see which software you folks suggest.

Is wordpress easy to setup and use ?

Can I set something up like drawdead.com/blog and still get the instant pings etc ?

Thanks in advance!
__________________
Holis
Diversify your efforts - Make up to 10K per User!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code
Complete, accurate listing of current Poker Bonus Codes
Top Ranked DVD's on sale now! | Funny Poker Videos
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
kdollar kdollar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default

Holis,
I use wordpress and it is great. Really easy to set up and also has tons of mods to add features.
__________________
Play free online poker at the best poker rooms.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-11-2007, 01:01 PM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default

I'm using geeklog. I really like it, but a couple ppl who have reviewed it aren't really a fan of it. I have my site up and running... take a look if u want to see what it looks like.

www.onepokeravenue.com
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 307
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

This was discussed a few months ago, and I believe the overwhelming consensus was that Wordpress was the best:

The Best Blogging Software Poll

Although I've been happy with blogger I will be moving my blog to Word Press in the near future, it's on my project list.


Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
fade fade is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46
Default

i use wordpress and its easy to use, has effective SEO plugins and many themes to choose from, although if are getting significant traffic you should customize the theme for your own site.
__________________
The everyday banter of a poker affiliate
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 40
Default

I'm actually tinkering with using it as the main site software

ie. not as a blog but as the site

It's clean and smooth, easy to use and I'm sure can be made to do most every thing you need it to.

I was developing in Joomla but this is going to much easier and just as good I think
__________________
Australia's Premier Poker Community....|...The home of online poker in Oz....|....WSOP Freerolls....|....Player Sponsorship
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-11-2007, 05:03 PM
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 279
Default

Go with wordpress
__________________
Sell poker videos.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wordpress Blogging!!! edmc New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 12-30-2006 07:30 PM
Lets Talk About Content Management Systems adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 11-26-2006 11:28 PM
Making WordPress work with an existing site template Georgia Poker Web Design Q&A 4 11-23-2006 05:33 AM
Wordpress with only 1 Msqyl database? DontLook Web Design Q&A 3 11-18-2006 10:35 AM
Site redesign - WordPress to HTML JasonD Search Engine Optimization 1 12-12-2005 03:25 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0