| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 01-08-2007, 01:29 AM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Blog Linking
Just wondering how the hell I go about it.
Ok, so I add articles
do the ping think after each article
subscribe to tecniorati
http://pokersearch.wordpress.com/
What do I do about linkbacks?
Do I post comments on other poker blogs or is that considered spamming?
Do I request other bloggers to link exchange?
Or is it just a case of build up the blog day by day & let people find it?
|
 01-08-2007, 05:41 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 315
|
|

People aren't going to just start linking to your blog just because it's a blog. Blogs are just like any other type of website. The better your site is the more willing people will be to link to it.
I think PKing said it best in this thread.
Quote:
You want to be successful in this industry?
It's pretty simple.
Pick a domain, and set up a site that is run by Wordpress (blog software).
Splash out a few bucks to have someone design a decent looking banner for the top of the page.
Incorporate banners from your favorite poker room into the site.
Spend an hour or two per day researching and writing unique, useful poker articles. Cover everything. Strategy tips. Recaps of tournaments. Interesting happenings in the world of online poker.
A funny thing will happen. People will start linking to your articles without you asking. People will Digg your articles. Traffic will increase on an almost daily basis.
One year and 365 articles later, you will have an absolute monster of a site that is most likely paying all of your bills. The key: UNIQUE, USEFUL CONTENT. |
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
|
 01-08-2007, 10:42 AM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Thanks DB, I actually stumbled across your blog via the pokerbus. I was looking through other blogs to see what others are doing with blogs. My aim is to do about 10 articles a week & incorporate it into my website as I build pages. This is pretty much a new concept for me so Im slightly vague on the best way to approach it
|
 01-11-2007, 03:33 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
|
|
You could also use some plugins to spread your blog to as many feeds as possible.
I recommend sociable - http://push.cx/sociable
|
 01-11-2007, 09:38 AM
|
|
Swollen Member
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
|
|
Consider starting a blogroll (list of other blogs) to get noticed by other bloggers. If you use www.blogrolling.com, you can set up your blogroll and everyone you link to who also uses blogrolling.com will be able to see that you have linked to them and some of them will reciprocate.
BTW, I went ahead and added you to my blogroll. Would be much appreciative if you could do the same. www.evilbilly.com
|
 01-11-2007, 12:11 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Thanks, will do. Was out 2 the casino last night. My heads a bit cloudy so il look into it and add u when i defrost my brain
|
 01-11-2007, 07:21 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Ok Billy thats you added. I'll get back into the writing when my hangover clears up. Long drinkling session at the casino last night
|
 01-12-2007, 09:03 AM
|
|
Swollen Member
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
|
|
Thanks, edmc. Good luck.
Another link you might want to pursue is with All In magazine. They keep a list of poker blogs at http://allinmag.com/blogs.php and you can request to be added to it by emailing them at .
__________________
www.evilbilly.com
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.
|