I could have gone on reading 10 pages of that...AMEN.
Jeremy is right on the ball...there is TOOOOO MUCH FREAKING PANIC MODE going on.
I for one, have been having a better month than usual, albeit 3 days.
Nothing is going to happen too fast...this may not even get signed....and if it does get signed, it won't be enforced except for a few SPOTLIGHT cases to make it SEEM like they are enforcing it.
Banks don't give a crap about it (I can guarantee that)...and gaming sites are just banning US players (temporarily) for good PR and publicity that they are law-abiding.
Also, the gaming sites need to ban US players to piss them off so that they will fight back...otherwise they will just sit around and let things progress in the WRONG direction. So it is a win-win for the gaming sites in reality.
Let's think of the good points...this might be NEGATIVE publicity...but it will increase the spotlight of ONLINE POKER and GAMBLING. The idea that poker is a skill game may even get this overturned SOONER than later.
Sometimes we need a good KICK IN THE PANTS to motivate us or "wake us up"! This might be the right KICK IN THE PANTS.
Everything I have read from TRUE experts, says that this ISN'T SO BAD for the future of gaming online...and that it is NECESSARY to eventually regulate the game of poker.
In the meantime, drink up, watch the Yankees win the World Series for the 27th time and continue to do business so you don't fall out of the loop. Educate yourselves about marketing to non-us markets and proceed with what you love doing.
I guarantee that in the long run, many will be saying that this was a blessing in disguise and that chaos eventually leads to order. Those of us who jump ship, will only drown...we won't be throwing you life preservers as we will be busy building a new foundation in the business.
