News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-03-2006, 05:29 AM
Bryan Bryan is offline
Ex - Poker Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 289
Default

My I have a plan post.... Well Jeremy, there it is. This is what I've been looking into.

Bryan
__________________
Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it. Bill Phillips
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Bryan Bryan is offline
Ex - Poker Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 289
Default

By the way... where has the ACLU been? Imagine they're butt fu**ing the guys from NAMBLA right now. Worthless sacks of shit! Always there for the perverts and nowhere to be found for the avg. guy who needs help.

Typical.

Bryan
__________________
Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it. Bill Phillips
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-03-2006, 06:58 AM
geoffvro geoffvro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Yes and No, The United States has sovereign immunity from lawsuits and may not be sued unless they waive their immunity or consent to the suit. For instance.. they may wave the protections granted to a federal employee.

Casino City's lawsuit was a constitutional challenge against the DOJ's ruling that advertisers would face criminal penalties if they broadcast, print or display advertisements for gambling Web sites.

Casino Operators could file their case in federal court, and challenge that the gambling portion of the Safe Harbor Act is unconstitutional. However, no monetary damages could be awarded unless the government waived its immunity protection
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 AM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skits2
I'm not sure I agree with you. You don't have to actually prove that any existing constutional right was violated. You can just make up an interpretation of one in some amendment or other and get the ACLU to help you. I recommend 1st or 4th because you can sweak just about anything into those

I probably should have clarified, but I was only speaking to the main portion of the act that addresses the transfers of funds, I was not referring to the aspect regarding the removal of links. Clearly that has potential first amendment implications and will be challenged. But as for the restrictions on transfers, I do not see how any first amendment claims would apply. There are some cases where how one choses to spend money is a form of speech and should be protected, but that is generally limited to political contributions (and has not always held up anyway). As for 4th amendement? maybe, but I certainly don't see anything to hang your hat on.....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
skits2 skits2 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa
I probably should have clarified, but I was only speaking to the main portion of the act that addresses the transfers of funds, I was not referring to the aspect regarding the removal of links. Clearly that has potential first amendment implications and will be challenged. But as for the restrictions on transfers, I do not see how any first amendment claims would apply. There are some cases where how one choses to spend money is a form of speech and should be protected, but that is generally limited to political contributions (and has not always held up anyway). As for 4th amendement? maybe, but I certainly don't see anything to hang your hat on.....

Sorry about that, my post was somewhat tongue in cheek, but rereading my post that's not as clear as I had intended. I have to agree that any lawsuit would be a tough road to travel
__________________
Just entering the Affiliate world with my website

College Poker Tips

I would greatly appreciate it if you would go there and let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0