General Poker Affiliate DiscussionThe Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!
Well, this evening my traffic got so excessive, my hosting company, host rocket suspended my account because the traffic got to a point where it was causing the server to act up and affect other websites on the same server.
My hosting company has asked me to move to a dedicated server, and obviously pay more per month. I am cool with this as my site is expanding every day and I believe that this is necessary to switch to.
I just want to hear if anybody else here hosts there website on a dedicated server. Do you like it? What are your experiences with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'm getting my 2nd in a few weeks for my real biz.
I can hook you guys up with a good AMD XP2000-2200 for around $120-$150per, depending on what control panel you want? Cpanel, Plesk or Ensim? 1G ram, 80G HD & uber-data transfer per mo.
At the end of the day the dedicated servers aren't that much different from the shared servers, especially if you get them with the managed add on. Being able to choose you own versions of installed software is great though.
You can't beat Lunarpages for price, but wow you get what you pay for in terms of customer support.