Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have been with HostGator on a shared plan for a while and after speaking with them they would move all my sites over for me to the dedicated server in a seamless process for free. For me this sounds quite attractive as the odds of me screwing something up are pretty good.

Here is their deal, gimme your thoughts. Also thank-you to all you guys who PM'd me with hosting companies and your experiences.

http://www.hostgator.com/dedicated.shtml
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2006, 04:33 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

Seems fine. Having Urchin is something I couldn't do without.

I would need 24/7 phone support or no deal (I didn't look to see if they have it).

And I would not move minor sites onto the same box. Splitting your sites up onto different IP blocks is better, although I can see why someone would just go for simplicity.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Any decisions on moving to a dedicated sever yet?
PAW is laggin something terible for me...anyone else?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'll close the deal tommorow............the lag is making me want to strangle myself.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Excellent, glad to hear it. As a sidenote, what kind of bandwidth is PAW running on now?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It's on a shared plan right now and I am only using 11% of the allocated bandwidth. It is no where near the limit. This leads me to believe that hostgator has an overloaded server. I can't really think of any other reason why the entire site would be running so damn slow.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2006, 05:54 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Hmmm, then perhaps a call to hostgator would be in order before you do the switch.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have called them a few times and they have assured me that the server is not overloaded. I probably need to go to a dedicated server anyways. I also wonder if SE spiders can slow your site down. I think I've read that somewhere before.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-08-2006, 05:18 AM
deepak7 deepak7 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Draculas country
Posts: 314
Default

Damn, and I wanted to move on hostgator at the end of this month...
__________________
Holdem Romania
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quite honestly I have been very happy with hostgator, it just seems that this site is running slow. This leads me to believe that their server may be overloaded. Nonetheless even if it isn't a site of this size with the amount of traffic we see should probably be on a dedicated server anyways.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dedicated Servers NeverBeg General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 09-21-2006 10:15 PM
Dedicated Web Hosting ResIpsa General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 09-20-2006 11:06 AM
dedicated server pokernut General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 05-19-2006 01:43 AM
Dedicated Server - I think it's time Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 03-01-2006 12:47 PM
Dedicated Server versus Shared hosting Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 03-19-2005 08:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0