Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 986
Default Combating spam

Anyone get these emails? They seem to bypass not only my corporate spam software but the Outloook spam folders as well-

Quote:
¡ž¦„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª „ª„ª„ª„ª„ª¦ž¡
@ž‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡ –‡–‡–‡ž
@¦@@@@‚ЁE‚ƁE‚E‚܁@•¨Œê@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@¦
@¦@@@@@@@@@@@@lÈ‚Æ—V‚ñ‚ł݂܂¹‚ñ‚© I@@@@¦
@ž‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡–‡ –‡–‡–‡ž
¡ž¦„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª „ª„ª„ª„ª„ª¦ž¡

@@@ šœcš@xhttp://salvatorde.dddezx.com/flished@šœcš

š„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª „ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª„ª™

27Î’j«i‰ïŽÐˆõj‘ÌŒ±ƒŒƒ|[ƒg
lÈ‘åD‚«‚Ì27Î‚Å‚·A‚±‚±‚̃TƒCƒg‚ð—˜—p‚µ‚Ä1”N‚É‚ È‚è‚Ü‚·B
lÈ‚ª‘½‚­‚ŏo‰ï‚¦‚éŠm—§‚ª‚ß‚¿‚á‚­‚¿‚ፂ‚¢‚ñ‚Å‚·‚æ B
‚µ‚©‚à–³—¿‚ÅŽg‚¦‚é‚̂ł©‚È‚èÅ‚‚Å‚·B
‚±‚Ì‘O‚±‚±‚̃TƒCƒg‚ŏo‰ï‚Á‚½lÈ‚ª‚©‚È‚èÅ‚‚Å‚µ‚½ B
ŽÐ’·•vl‚Å‚©‚Ȃ肨‹àŽ‚¿‚̂悤‚ŁAƒf[ƒg‚Ì”ï—p‚©‚ç‘S‚ďo‚µ‚Ä‚­‚ê‚Ü‚µ‚½B
‚©‚È‚è—Ç‚¢lÈ•߂܂¦‚¿‚á‚¢‚Ü‚µ‚½B
‚±‚̃TƒCƒg‚ɂ͉º‹L‚̂悤‚ȃƒbƒZ[ƒW‚ªˆê”t‚Å‚·B
‚µ‚©‚àAŠ®‘S–³—¿I@¥”ñ‚²—˜—p‚­‚¾‚³‚¢B
I'm guessing that character recognition has something to do with it. I've tried copy/paste to make Outlook look for this shit but it doens't work.

Any tips?
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 986
Default

Cmon, am I the only person that gets this crap?
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2006, 01:55 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 413
Default

I haven't gotten anything like that. I do get a shit-ton of spam to my blog, though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Stephen Stephen is online now
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 494
Default

About 2 months ago I was getting 10 of them dailt, it has since come down to 2-3. Always presumed it was an Asian spam email to be honest. I am getting bombarded with pharmaceutical emails, and the latest is watches - rolex too.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2006, 04:50 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,658
Default

If you are set for plain text, cyrillic or Asian text won't display right. I a couple dozen of those a day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-15-2006, 11:06 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

ghdfjktu
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-15-2006, 11:22 PM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 485
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

I feel you.....I get a handful of those crazy character e-mails a day in addition to a few about rolexes and a few about stock investments....I use Outlook Express and don't really know any way to filter them.

I got no idea....anyone?
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-16-2006, 12:20 AM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 329
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

As far as I know the best promise for "smart" spam filters are bayesian filters. In laymans terms the software is capable of learning what is and isn't spam.

There is a lot of info here:

http://email.about.com/cs/bayesianfi...ian_filter.htm

I just use the standard spam filters for Outlook, it doesn't catch everything but does an ok job.
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-16-2006, 12:05 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,159
Default

Try out Thunderbird, its a standalone email app from Mozilla/Firefox.
http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

Its what I've used for years, great app & has smart junk mail filters like GoodKarmaKid mentioned

cheers
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
888 Payment ClarkePromotions General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 02-21-2007 08:36 AM
Getting rid of .edu redirect spam? hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-26-2006 07:46 PM
Just wanted to try out this spam thing losercore The Spam Forum 0 06-16-2006 01:11 AM
Started receiving weird SPAM today... Help! Bryan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 06-04-2006 05:36 PM
Spam Policies Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-07-2005 06:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0