News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default Poker Stars

I am interested in bringing the aff managers from Poker Stars here to PAW. This is one of the biggest and best online poker sites in the world, so we should have them here at PAW. There is a lot of questions i would like to ask these people about their affiliate program and it would be convenient if we could get someone from their staff here to post somewhat regularly.

If this isnt possible, anybody who promotes poker stars, could you please let me know the best way to get in touch with the affiliate managers there? I have sent off a few emails, but no response quite yet.

Any help would be much appreciated. Anybody have good experiences promoting stars?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,944
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I'm on the case. I know Gareth has some great relationships with these guys.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-2006, 04:45 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

remember when there used to be discussions on PAW??

it's hard for me to believe that nobody here has had experience promoting poker stars. it hardly ever gets discussed here, in fact I dont I have ever seen poker stars discussed here during my time here at PAW. So it's not like its a repeat topic or something.

Anybody care to share any experiences? Good support? results? tracking?

anybody want to actually discuss?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-06-2006, 04:51 PM
tke1600 tke1600 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 191
Default

I think PokerStars would be the best room to be on MGR but they dont even offer it. Also, they do the most advertising at of any room by far so it is tougher for us affiliates to get to new players first. Out of all the rooms I promote I have sent the least amount of players to Poker Stars...

tke1600
__________________
Get the latest poker fish lists, online poker reviews , information for playing online poker , and online casino bonus reviews
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
Rockstar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 395
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

They only offer CPA. If you're sending them tons of players (200+ per month I believe) then you can get a very good cpa deal. Although you could get that anyway if you can send 200+ a month somewhere.

I dont think a lot of people promote them here, but someone who does will prolly chime in.

If they had MGR I think everyone would promote them. Nobody leaves Stars. Especially tourney players.
__________________
Justin Goff (My blog, just the name for SEO reasons)

A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are built for.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-06-2006, 05:22 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Do T$ and W$ traders make out the best with poker stars? I know cashmanbrian does the majority of the sales there, and I know he must be pulling in a lot of money a day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 955
Default

I don't get much from Stars, I average about 10-12 RMP's there a month. The reporting sucks but it's income so I can't complain.

Swapped a few emails with affiliate support staff but I don't even remeber the guys name. It runs itself with no effort on my part other than updating banners.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-06-2006, 10:49 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 528
Default

I would have to echo GP's comments above. I don't usually receive much from Stars but it's a little extra income each month. They've always been top-notch for me from a player's standpoint so I don't mind giving them a bit of exposure. Also, I've appreciated that they were similar to Bodog in not allowing an influx of affiliate links to anyone who offered. Your site actually had to earn its way in in whatever way they approved of. Now, it looks like they've added an affiliate program link from the bottom of their site so I'd imagine we'll start to see them promoted a lot more. Definitely wish they offered MGR...

P.S. I think that the built-in skin/resize update to the software was a great idea.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-07-2006, 02:56 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 327
Default

I send PokerStars enough players each month to not be on the bottom rung of the latter, so I'm not complaining, their pay structure increases very quickly! They have next to no affiliate support, next to no banners... but you get paid by Stars at the very beginning of every month which I enjoy!
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:04 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,350
Default

I suspect you'll be seeing some significant improvements there in the coming weeks. They already have a generous program, but the reporting and such needs to be brought up to industry standards.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0