Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 618
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default Trust issues!

How much do you trust the card room you are promoting?

If you have had a steady relationship with a player for a while and you introduce a new card room to them, they tell you on messenger that they click the link and deposit, they do so and you are playing at a real money table with them. Your stats show up as they didnt deposit, you contact your AM, and he says maybe he didnt deposit, however you know he did...
what do you think.
and what if this problem was multiple? with a reputable site?
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,034
Default

then I think you should tell us what site it is
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Does the stats show he signed up under you?

I would wait to post the name. Stats sometimes take time to correct themselves.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2006, 12:01 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,250
Default

Maybe a roomate or something already made a deposit at the site from the same computer? Definately wait for stats to update for about a day.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2006, 03:59 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 191
Default

I have to say, Im having some issues with Income Access right now. I have about 25% clickthrough traffic over the course of one year, and only one player linked to me who has generated $.14

I met a fairly big player and convinced him to sign up under me to ultimate bet, however he magically was not tracked to me. In addition, when I emailed support about it they said there was nothing they could do, even though both myself and the player were willing to provide any relevant details so that they would adjust the tracking to me.

I'm more than a bit skeptical since even the rooms that are low down on my list have produced tons more players...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2006, 09:09 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

wfw
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
lifeofsportsdotcom lifeofsportsdotcom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East Coast of Canada
Posts: 64
Send a message via MSN to lifeofsportsdotcom
Default

I have dealt with Sportsinteraction, Fullcontactpoker, and Pokerroom and had 0 problems.

I have dealt with one of the Sportingbet Plc sites and had huge problems. I'm not sure if it was the media buyer i dealt with or the site itself but I mean massive problems. I play poker and I was not listed on my affiliates. I know the routine on how to sign up so they were skimming big time.

I was sending them between 15-25 depositors a month and they were showing me 10-12.

I know this because the site was sending these numbers on average each month for the past 2.5 years and the only time we dropped was the 8 months I was with them.

I planted sign up's and depositors in the last month and it was verified they were skimming....
__________________
www.lifeofsports.com
"Home of the Canadian College Poker Championship"

www.collegepokerlife.com
"Home of the North American College Poker Championship"

http://ukpokeruniversity.com/ukupc/
"Home of the United Kingdom University Poker Championship"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Aff Manager Aff Manager is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13
Default

This is a genuine problem in the industry - having worked for a couple of sites as an Affiliate Manager, there are times when it seems that a player genuinely hasn't tracked for some bizarre reason - the process to correct this is usually long and difficult, due mainly to security issues.
The flip side of this argument is if a room did "retrack" players as a matter of course, there would be some big time fraud implications and concerns. Imagine if you had signed a player up, only to have them retracked because another affiliate claimed they had seen them visit their site and deposit?

I can also, hand on heart say, that of the rooms i've worked for ( 2 of the top 5 ), there have never been any indication of fraudulent tracking or mistracking - technical faults yes - but not deliberate fraud. from the pokerooms point of view - why take such a risk?

Lastly, to the guys who are losing players, get your AM to check your site out and run a test - if they're any good they will do this - this ensures that the process is faultless and you have evidence to prove it.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 618
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

no well. were talking casino partners...
sorry for the delayed reply.
Im not concerned with percentages its the number of players that I talk to in aim, who have signed up and deposited to the new skin ocean poker, and CP say oh well maybe they had an account at titan, or didnt deposit... I agree to a certain extent but how many players you talk to regularly on aim can lie to you ???
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PartyPartners Payment Issues stillshadow General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 02-20-2007 07:44 PM
Dream Poker Issues pokerpimp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 17 11-06-2006 04:13 PM
Prima issues pokerpimp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 09-03-2006 01:57 PM
Why I dont trust rakeback ......... tke1600 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 04-14-2006 11:30 AM
Should you trust your affiliate manager? Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 03-31-2006 01:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0