Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2006, 06:48 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default Running your own Card Room

Hi Guys,

I have always thought it would be a cool idea to have your own poker room, or own a skin. I came accrost this site http://www.pokerprofit.com/ which basically sells everything you need to own a poker "skin".

I bet if we got 5-10 of PAW's affiliate geniouses we could make it work....I know this post is going to raise some contraversy as it has in the past....lets hear your thoughts....

Ethomps
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Poker All-In Poker All-In is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 19
Default

I don't think that would be a bad idea. If we could get 10 people who run poker sites it wouldn't be all that expensive. Plus we all be able to start promoting the room right away.

I think you would have to up so it's like we're affiliates promoting the site. For bringing players to the site you should get a certain % of that players profits. The rest goes to a pool and it's split up evenly. That way members that are bringing in more traffic should make more money.

We might have some "trust" problems though since nobody here really knows anybody. Whoever is in charge of the money would have to be someone everybody trusted and that might be a problem.
__________________
I've done everything I've ever wanted to do, accept win a million dollars.

http://www.pokerall-in.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

I'd be interested in doing this with other members if the interest was there
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2006, 03:52 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 413
Default

sorry, it's just like being an affiliate except you have to pay them upfront.

http://www.pokerprofit.com/packages.phtml

$1,000 gets you 45% rev share, but 13 grand gets you 65%
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 PM
gumbajohnny's Avatar
gumbajohnny gumbajohnny is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ft lauderdale
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to gumbajohnny Send a message via MSN to gumbajohnny Send a message via Skype™ to gumbajohnny
Default

So you get 65% revenue share and you pay your affiliates 30% leaving you 35% that is where you are at anyway.
Save the $ and use it for marketing.
Just my opinion
__________________
Good Luck To Us All!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

You would need the backing of a large reputable company to get the ball rolling. Likewise they would have to be the one's to collect any funds or disperse any funds. I don't think you would want to trust one individual affiliate.

It is possible though. Now bear in mind you're never going to become a PartyPoker or Stars with a skin. But I know many skin operators who rake a few thousand dollars a day and are not complaining.

Interesting discussion though.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

After drinking a Red Bull and thinking about this a little more I want to share some more thougts. **Warning, this is going to be long**

If a group of say 10 affiliates were to do this, it could work. But there are some things you have to think about. Number one if you start a skin, there has to be a niche, demographic, or certain "outside the box" group you're going after. Most importantly remember, you're not trying to compete with any of the big sites. It's impossible.

As I always say, You have to give people a reason to sign up at smaller rooms and skins. There is really no reason to play at ABCnewskinpoker.com when players can simply go to a big room. Even with deposit bonuses and freerolls, this will not yield great results.

I probably shouldn't share this idea cause it might get jacked, but what the hell.

If I were going to do this, here is how I would do it. I would target a group such as police & firefighters. Why? very simple because #1 there are millions of police and firefighters throughout the world. In every city of every country there are firehouses and police stations. This demographic in general is filled with mostly men who by the nature of their job gamble every day.

I was a volunteer firefighter/paramedic for 10 years. Trust me, when these guys are not running calls, they are watching sports or playing cards. I think gumbajohnny can back me up here as well when I say there are a lot of gamblers in the fire service.

Even more important is that in both these fields there is a tremendous brotherhood. If a firefighter plays online poker and finds out he could play at a site with other firefighters from around the world, why wouldn't he? Likewise if the site donated a small % to a fire related charity such as a fund for the families of fallen brothers........this would further give this demographic a REASON to play here.

You could then host a firefighters world championship of poker and award a WSOP seat to the winner or whatever. On your skin you would have to do promotions that are geared directly at your demographic.

Now if you had 10 guys that all invested $10K a piece into initial marketing, you would have $100K to spread accross the internet and advertise on all the major fire service websites and PPC. This would be a good start. Of course you could spend ridiculous $$ advertising in places like Bluff or Cardplayer, but why? This isn't where your demographic hangs out at for the most part.

Raking $10K a day on a skin is really not that difficult if you have a decent player base, good software, and enough people promoting it. Like any business however you are going to be re-investing much of your initial profit back into advertising.

The bottom line however is that in order to launch a skin and make any money, you have to pick a niche and give players a reason to play on your skin.

All this above may sound really easy and a like a fool proof plan, but trust me there is a lot more involved in running a skin and being an operator versus just an affiliate.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Poker All-In Poker All-In is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 19
Default

I think that's a hell of an idea Jeremy and I honestly think it would work.

It would be like these guys are playing on their own site. They would feel a lot easier about getting into conversations with other playes. Plus, if one of these guys one a seat to the WSOP or a WPT event, they would be representing everybody that plays there.
__________________
I've done everything I've ever wanted to do, accept win a million dollars.

http://www.pokerall-in.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-29-2006, 10:41 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 618
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

red bull is great!
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 618
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Rather than that, I am thinking that the areas such as pool pro's snooker pro's and darts players, have been touched on on tv poker but never really developed by an affiliate.
If an affiliate has an expertise in any of these areas they would make a mint. Its been provan that a proffessional pool or snooker player, has the same skills as a poker player. Don't know why but pro pool and snooker is disapearing from the tv screens, pro players are taking up poker and making millions from it.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Card Room AlanAces RoyalCardRoom.com & RoyalCardClub.com 0 12-21-2006 02:09 PM
Latest news at RP royalprofitsmad RoyalCardRoom.com & RoyalCardClub.com 0 11-10-2006 01:24 AM
Latest news at Royal Profits royalprofitsmad RoyalCardRoom.com & RoyalCardClub.com 0 10-22-2006 10:47 PM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
Joining Card Room Necessary? gder03 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 07-27-2006 12:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0