Yes this could happen. Do I think it will? probably not but who knows ,this is a crazy industry.
Although in any business you could lose your biggest customer out of the blue for no reason. I know a lot of affiliates get hung up on the whole player for life thing, but in aff. agreements that should really be changed. It should read player for the life of the exsisting affiliate program. The Empire/Party merger is a great example.
Now take it to a greater level, what if 2 of the top 5 rooms merge that share thousands of players and affiliates? Something tells me that in our affiliate lifetime we may see this. There's no easy way to resolve this folks.
The bottom line is that you need to be diversified and not have all your eggs in one basket. That includes not relying on poker affiliate programs for 100% of your income.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|