Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,017
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Washington State Advises Affiliates Their Sites Are Illegal

Well this sucks for affiliates in the state of Washington:

http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/First+Poker+Affiliate+Site+Shut+Down+In+Washington +State.new.htm

I have to say I didn't think the state of Washington would move this quickly or even at all in respect to enforcing their new legislation.

I don't nessecarily think this should send anyone into panic mode, but at the same time it should get you thinking about a contingency plan and diversification. What if your state passed a law like this? Or what if Goodlatte is finally successful in his quest to launch an American prohibition of online gambling.

It's easy to shake our heads and say, "It will never happen". But at some point you may want to say to yourself "But if it did happen, I would do this............."

The good news however is that 95% of affiliates can operate under the radar and for all practical purposes, the states would never even know you had a website. Again I don't think this should panic anyone or people should start drastically changing their focus.

But as the industry continues to mature and grow, the top affiliates will mature and grow with it. I can gauruntee you that the super poker affiliates making the big $$ every month will continue making that money regardless of what happens with U.S. legislation. Take that for what it's worth and use your creative minds.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 06-15-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-15-2006, 12:33 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,243
Default

Essh, sucks to live there. Good thing there are plenty of states to move to0......or countries.

It would be a great way to get some links though. Pretend your site got banned by the feds, put out a press release, and imagine all the sites that would put you in their news with a link.

Later
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to safeguard your affiliate website pokerguy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-02-2006 05:44 PM
Any Washington State U or Husky Graduates or Students on this Forum? GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 06-13-2006 04:06 AM
Washington State bans online poker Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 05-06-2006 05:47 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 03:58 PM
How I Build My Succesful Poker Affiliate Website Dave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 02-22-2005 10:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0