Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 06-13-2006, 11:14 PM
guitman03 guitman03 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 23
Default PartyPoker $50 bonus, fraud? Please help...

Ok, So I've got about 10 new PartyPoker players today with my get $50 instant bonus, but I've had some fishy activity. I have checked IPs using outlook express (right clicked on the mail then went to Properties then looked under the "received by" (is this the correct way?) and all the IPs are unique.

I just started advertising at a site today and I suppose it is possible that I got all these sign ups from there but usually I don't get more than 1-2 signups a day.

Some of the e-mails are rather fishy though and I don't know how to handle them.

Here is an example
-----
Hi, my name is (girls name) i just registered for free 50 dollar deal and my acouunt name is XXXXXX i would apreciate the free 50 as soon as possible


Thank you,
(girls name)
-----

The e-mail on the account is a different person though (a male). All the other e-mails have the same PartyPoker name as on the e-mail account, and are from unique e-mail addresses and IP addresses. Do I just send the $50 and hope? If the players turn out to be the same person (although all quickcash transfers I have done so far have shown up as unique users) will PartyPoker send me money back?

Thanks again,
Nick
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,857
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

I would for sure go investigate this first. Seems like you have a chance to get rolled for a lot of money.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Sign Up
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 06-14-2006, 12:26 AM
JohnG JohnG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 158
Default

Guitman,

My personal advice is sites like this are not worth the hassle. I have some experience with them and the amount of fraud is insane. A few steps you can take to slow it down are:

1. In your registration have a place to upload a photo ID and require it
2. Get an automated phone system (expensive)

Just some ideas to help you out. I do not understand how you guys make money anyways cause you are on MGR. Also, anyone who is pushy in these emails is 100% commiting fraud. They are not just assholes. Trust me like I said i have some experience with this. If you want some ideas of security measures look at sites like

xxwww.pokersourceonline.comxx
xxwww.partybackers.comxx
xxwww.partystakers.comxx

All these sites have added fraud protection and you can learn from them. Once again proceed with caution, you will get alot of fraud as you are giving out free money. Not trying to discourage you just help you out. Good luck with your venture.

John
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via MSN to Kyle Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

Like I said in a previous post I had a couple of buddies in college who scammed instantbankroll for like 2 'g s a piece. It is certainly not difficult to change your e-mail ip.

You should try to manually confirm them on the phone, this is the best way. Make sure you call all of them one after the other within 5 minutes so some sick kid can't pull of a scam on you somehow.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 06-14-2006, 11:47 PM
guitman03 guitman03 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 23
Default UPDATE+another question

OK, I am now verifying their phone numbers and checking IP addresses and put some scary messages on my site to try and stop scammers.

Just to check, is there anything to stop someone creating accounts using 3-5 of his friends phone numbers, then telling their friends the information?

I was thinking of asking them a few poker related questions that anyone who has played play money should know and also verifying their identity.

Any other ideas? I don't have the money for automated phone verification right now (I don't even know what it costs, but I probably don't have it). So I will just call these people myself.

If this doesn't start turning out at least a few solid MGR players within a few months I'll probably quit offering it...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Great Places To Pick From Club USA Casino,Club EURO Casino,Club UK Casino Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 11 04-26-2007 07:39 PM
PartyPoker Bonus Codes CoolDog Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 1 03-15-2007 01:16 PM
PartyPoker $50 bonus, fraud? Please help... guitman03 PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 1 08-09-2006 04:03 PM
Promoting a PartyPoker $50+$100 bonus guitman03 PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 05-29-2006 12:53 PM
PartyPoker March Bonus indieangler General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-04-2005 11:56 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0