Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:12 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,432
Arrow Really like the forum...how much?

Hey Jeremy or Brandon or anyone else who knows,

How much does it cost to set up a vBulletin forum like this on a site and how do you go about it?

Is it complex to start fresh? What are the ins and outs?

Cheers
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 560
Default

www.vbulletin.com - costs ~$160 or you can lease it.

Well worth every penny IMO, I run numerous vbulletin forums and I love them to bits.

Easy to install, configure, run, maintain - great set of features, good performance, attractive etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-07-2006, 01:10 PM
ozim ozim is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
Default

There was a feature in the old forum I really liked (because I guess it has some seo value) - the links looked like this:
www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5388+Really+like+the+forum...

Can this be done in any other forum system?
__________________
POKER - Poland's Top Poker Site
poker links - exchange links with me
kostenlos poker poker forum F1
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is online now
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,181
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

I think Vbull has an SEO mod as well.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,237
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

We are looking into this as well with the VBSEO mod.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-07-2006, 04:13 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 337
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

I have VBSEO installed on my Vbulletin Forum. Even though my forum is very knew and just getting started this month, google has already indexed nearly every page. There are several benefits of the SEO mod which include:

Mod-rewrite of URL's to give the appearance of Static URL's
Google & Yahoo Site Map Generators
removes paths to potential duplicate content within forum

Any many more features, check out the site for the complete details if you are interested.


Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:14 PM
GazMan GazMan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 45
Send a message via MSN to GazMan
Default

Do the Vbull users out there have many dramas with security?

I heard that Vbull forums have some vulnerabilites?
__________________
Gareth
www.888.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 619
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

It's much faster, thats for sure, I don't know if the server switch was worth it now. Also, the quick reply feature is awesome!
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2006, 04:01 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is online now
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,181
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazMan
Do the Vbull users out there have many dramas with security?

I heard that Vbull forums have some vulnerabilites?

I have heard it is the best out there. Safest and fastest.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt

Last edited by Brandon : 06-08-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazMan
Do the Vbull users out there have many dramas with security?

I heard that Vbull forums have some vulnerabilites?
vBulletin is probably the most secure out there. If a vulnerability is found, which is rare, it's patched almost immediately.

And yes vbseo looks quite good. I'm waiting for v3.0.0 which should be out shortly before I (possibly) install it. It also has pingbacks/trackbacks for a forum which is quite cool!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone want to share my forum with me? SImpson975 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-18-2007 04:25 AM
US Online Poker Forum freydaddy The Poker Affiliate Exchange 6 10-23-2006 12:56 PM
Text Links, Domain Names & Forum Traffic available PokerProp The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 07-01-2006 09:19 PM
How many users to make a good forum? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 06-11-2006 09:51 PM
Best Forum Software GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-01-2005 08:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0