Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just saw a partypoker.com, not partypoker.net commercial on the WPT on The Travel Channel..............I didn't think that was allowed. Strange
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2006, 04:51 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
BryanHauer.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 433
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan
Default

Noticed one too the other day for a .com. Have noticed it elsewhere too and also have something interesting to post on this, but I need to do a little more research first.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon

And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either. Also, check out my other Premium WordPress Themes!

Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,082
Default

Hey I saw this method in Canada 6 months ago, it might be the same type of deal. I'm sure it pissed off Party Poker.. What it was was an individual who made the commercial with bonus code and all. Said PartyPoker.COM about 8 times in the commercial and the bonus code was just hovering at the bottom the whole time. I don't watch too much t.v so I don't know how long it took before Party Poker complained and had it removed but I'm sure it was pretty immediate.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2006, 03:08 PM
EdBankz EdBankz is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 95
Default

Actually I saw the same commercial that Jeremy was referring to twice during the WPT coverage on the Travel Channel last night. It definitely looked like a Party Poker commercial to an affiliate.
__________________
EdBankz

Poker Player Life
Your "Ace In The Hole" for all things poker, with a touch of golf!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2006, 05:11 PM
ChosenOne ChosenOne is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 60
Default

I saw the same commercial that Ppokyh is talking about up here in Canada. It was a pretty dumb commercial that kept repeating partypoker with a promo code of JETS1. It was during Party's win a 24h jet ride promotion. You could tell that it wasn't a commercial that PartyPoker would have made. As soon as I saw the commercial, I registered a few new bonus codes under my account; JETS11, JETS100, and a few others. I got 8 signups between these two B)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ChosenOne@May 11 2006, 04:11 PM
I saw the same commercial that Ppokyh is talking about up here in Canada. It was a pretty dumb commercial that kept repeating partypoker with a promo code of JETS1. It was during Party's win a 24h jet ride promotion. You could tell that it wasn't a commercial that PartyPoker would have made. As soon as I saw the commercial, I registered a few new bonus codes under my account; JETS11, JETS100, and a few others. I got 8 signups between these two B)
If your serious that is so impressive
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2006, 01:02 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,275
Default

I hope they didn't do it to just try and get away with it. That will just fuel the fire for more bills.
__________________
Buying links in content (sites 1 year or older). PM me if you are interested.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,082
Default

They were probably just ignorant and thought it was a great idea.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New PPA Commercial Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 03-09-2007 06:45 PM
PartyPoker.com phone number Jeremy PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 5 10-11-2006 02:29 AM
Welcome to PartyPoker.com Jeremy PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 1 11-10-2005 05:24 PM
Paradise commercial Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-09-2005 10:54 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0