Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Firstly let me state that I am steaming right now. I want to apologize about the downtime and issues that have been occurring here at PAW over the past 18 days.

I will give you a full run down as to what has happened after I figure it all out myself, but somehow HostGator "accidentally" deleted the the SQL databases from the dedicated server yet again last night. This has been a nightmare ever since this began with moving from a reseller account at hostagtor.

The server is supposed to do back-ups on it's own and hostgator is looking to see if they can restore the DB's right now. In the past two weeks I have literally spent over 15 hours on the phone with them and opened up numerous tickets that seem to get resolved and then BOOM.......more issues.

I cannot believe a hosting company the size of HostGator can be so fu**** up. Unfortunately I am not a techi, but I can't imagine that moving a simple website from one server to another is that difficult. If you could only see all the support tickets, notes, and how their staff has fu**** up every aspect of the move in the last few weeks you would cringe. If PAW was a static website this wouldn't be as big of an issue, but it's not.

I know in the end however that the responsibility does fall back on the owner and that is why I am apologizing. The incompetence of Hostgator and their staff has essentially led to the magical disappearance of 3 weeks of content, hard work, and data . I'm seriously am contemplating some sort of legal action, but I'm not sure if that would simply create more headache.

If they can't get this site restored today however I will be writing a full detailed report on exactly what happened and the incompetence of the hostgator staff to be published accross various platforms.

Once again this is ridiculous for a hosting company the size of hostgator. I feel like I just got punched in the teeth by Mike Tyson this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2006, 01:37 PM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 443
Default

Don't sweat it Jeremy, I feel your pain. seriously, i hope it all gets worked out soon and you should let us know your real feelings about hostgator...

Hey, at least that lively 52 cards thread got deleted in the process :P
__________________
J S

Poker Players 4 Ron Paul - Dr. Ron Paul, Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate. Wake up and smell the revolution, join the Ron Paul Army.

Do you run a poker league? Poker League Software provides a free automated poker leaderboard you can use. You can also Learn to Deal Poker, with our best selling online training course.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 197
Default

Third time I've had to re-register on the forums due to the restores.

Beginning to think you don't want me around here :lol: :P
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here

Free Live/Offline Poker Tournament Feed - List upcoming offline poker tournaments on your website and use it to promote the online satellites to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2006, 07:44 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

In the meantime, y'all can come on over to my forums... just kidding!
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apologies onlinepokercenter General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 11-29-2005 03:34 PM
Apologies to fellow affiliates slowdive23 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 09-04-2005 11:39 AM
Apologies......Problems with the forums Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 06-01-2005 11:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0