I own a domain name that very clearly has poker in the domain name, although the focus is on something else. The focus is on playing poker, more instructional, then about online gambling.
I contacted them and asked if I could put ads on this. They emailed back (two days later) and said no problem.
Quote:
Subject: Other
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005
Hi,
I was writing simply to inquire if I can put Google Ads on a site about
poker. Specifically http://www.poker****.***. I am unsure if
this falls under "Gambling or casino-related content" which is not
permitted under your ad policies.
Please let me know, thank you. |
And here's the important part of their email.
Quote:
Hello Jay,
Thanks for your inquiry about placing Google ads on www.poker****.***.
Upon reviewing this site, it appears that www.poker****.*** is in compliance with the AdSense program policies, and you may place Google ads on this site.
The rest of the email was just standard. |
The entire focus of my site was poker related, and they would have known that if they looked at it. I didn't try to sugarcoat anything. I've just kinda assumed that they don't care about Adsense on 'content', but just don't want Adsense on casinos and stuff like that.
If your site is instructional, and people aren't looking to play online, Adsense might not be a bad idea. Personally I don't think it's that great though.
