Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Boogalou_007 Boogalou_007 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 55
Default

So this guy copies all the poker content on my site (20+ articles), word for word and puts it on his blog (permanently affixed to the right column next to his blog) along with some other stolen content. I send him a cease and desist.

Amazingly he removes all of our content but decides to further make himself look like a fool by posting not only my original letter to him but his very classy follow up letter as well.

Can you believe this guy? Steals all of our content then acts like he was just trying to do everyone a public service.

Check this out; (Remove X's)
XXXXhttp://pokerdeluxe.blogspot.com/2006/01/email-from-our-friends-at-pokerjesus.html

I don't like that he printed my email although his reply is funny. Would you guys just leave it alone or would you contact google and try to have it taken down?
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,188
Default

I am amazed by people on a daily basis. It's like people are from different planets these days.

Later
__________________
Buying text links in articles on aged domains. Will pay premium price. Site must be 2 years or older. Pm me if interested.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 972
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

If you think google will take down his site ur sadly mistaken - unless he is hosting it with them
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Boogalou_007 Boogalou_007 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ppokyh@Jan 11 2006, 01:31 PM
If you think google will take down his site ur sadly mistaken - unless he is hosting it with them
Blogger.com is owned by google.
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
onlinepokercenter onlinepokercenter is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39
Default

This guy has no concept of copyright law.

It is true that you cannot copyright basic poker strategy information. Copyright protects expression, not ideas. If he had rewritten all your articles in his own words, but copied each one of your advices and ideas, he would not be infringing.

But, if he did copy your stuff word for word (as you claim), then that is obvious infringement.

Now, unless this blog was started by Art Santella, he is still infringing:

xhttp://pokerdeluxe.blogspot.com/2006/01/can-aggressiveness-be-learned.html

See copyscape comparison with Poker Pages article

Personally, I prefer to exercise all legal options available to punish copyright infringers. I generally get infringers removed from Google's index, get their hosting service to remove their website, and even get ICANN to revoke their domain name if they are using fake registration information. If I can find out where they live, I will even sue them for unpaid licensing fees and for any unjust enrichment they gained by using my content.

People think just because they use fake registration information they can get away with murder. Little do they know that copyright holders can easily subpoena hosting companies for an infringer's Billing Information. So if the infringer paid for his hosting with paypal, credit cads, or checks, their addresses will be found and they can get sued.

I can do this pretty cost effectively, since our lawyer has done each of these things a thousand times and has all the forms and contacts (he also represent porn webmasters, and man, if you think our business is tough, their business is like 10 times tougher).

But I usually cut the webmaster a little slack if they remove the content ASAP. If they give me lip, however, I may reconsider legal actions.
__________________
I'm always traveling so I apologize in advance if I don't get to your posts or PM right away.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 972
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

ahh.....

well then email them again I guess, but don't take it to seriously by the time you finish with this guy there will be more set up with your stolen content it happens to me everyday.


errr.... I just saw the "++++_head" comment.... but this guy isnt gonna make a penny off his patetic blog anyhow.... so just let him be
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:37 PM
onlinepokercenter onlinepokercenter is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ppokyh@Jan 11 2006, 01:33 PM
ahh.....

well then email them again I guess, but don't take it to seriously by the time you finish with this guy there will be more set up with your stolen content it happens to me everyday.
Yeah, this is good advice. You can't let this take up too much of your time.
__________________
I'm always traveling so I apologize in advance if I don't get to your posts or PM right away.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 12:49 PM
faydman faydman is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to faydman
Default

hey. thanks for the heads up. i just checked out his site and he lifted an article of mine on expected value that i wrote for one of those ezines.

i'm not as incensed as you were. my question: should i make him take it down or should i tell him he can leave it up if he provides the link to my site with the article?
__________________
Holdem Tips
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 01:06 PM
onlinepokercenter onlinepokercenter is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by faydman@Jan 11 2006, 01:49 PM
hey. thanks for the heads up. i just checked out his site and he lifted an article of mine on expected value that i wrote for one of those ezines.

i'm not as incensed as you were. my question: should i make him take it down or should i tell him he can leave it up if he provides the link to my site with the article?
That's a nice article, btw. I'll say one thing for this blogger: He has good taste.
__________________
I'm always traveling so I apologize in advance if I don't get to your posts or PM right away.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 01-11-2006, 01:25 PM
faydman faydman is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to faydman
Default

awwww....i'm blushing!

i sent him a letter saying he could keep it up if he provided a link.
__________________
Holdem Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want $50 check mailed to you for nothing? Check this out! anasta83 The Spam Forum 0 07-24-2006 09:42 PM
Lost comission check ?? How does Pokerroom handel epsilionflow PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com 1 05-16-2006 11:41 AM
Check this out! Godfather New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 11-05-2005 04:13 AM
Check this out! RakeRecycle General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 03-21-2005 04:51 PM
Party Poker vs. Check N Raise Poker? Which one? corpfan1 The Spam Forum 2 02-11-2005 11:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0