Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

View Poll Results: How do you allocate your time?
Link exchange: 90%, Content development: 10% 2 11.11%
Link exchange: 70%, Content development: 30% 1 5.56%
Link exchange: 50%, Content development: 50% 2 11.11%
Link exchange: 30%, Content development: 70% 5 27.78%
Link exchange: 10%, Content development: 90% 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

I didn't post this in the SEO forum, since this is more about time allocation between SEO and another activity and not just about SEO itself.

Link exchanges take a lot of time. I know some people have success with automated systems, but I rarely get quality links that way so it always takes me time to build links.

Lately, however, I'm questioning whether too much time is spent working on link exchanges.

I generally do 90% content development and only 10% link exchanges. I wonder how other people fee about this allocation?
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 554
Default

I do probably 0% link exchanges, 30% content building, and 70% on general promotion as well as day-to-day running of the site.

It's all good to do some link exchanges when your site starts off, but as a long term strategy, doing link exchanges isn't gonna get you that far. Think of better ways to promote your site.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2006, 04:44 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Thanks for the insights Nick.

Now I wish I had put 0% in the poll somewhere.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-2006, 05:18 PM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 455
Default

we don't do as much link building as we should. I think 10% is a fine percentage of time to spend on it, pick up a couple of quality link exchanges every few days instead of trying to add 10 random links that will link back.
__________________
J S

The Ron Paul Blimp will Fly! Be a part of history on December 16th, celebrating the Boston Tea Party, Donate with us!


NEW - Sell my Poker Dealer Course, and How to Host a Poker Tournament Guide with ClickBank and make great CPA's paid every 2 weeks. Non-Competitive poker related products help maximize your website traffic!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2006, 07:38 PM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 363
Default

How about a "if I actually knew I wouldn't tell a sole" option :P

I really I wish I knew the answer to this, but really, I think both are very (and equally) important.
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Link in exchange for content psmoney The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 09-29-2006 06:53 PM
PR4 Link Exchange VegasPokerPro.com The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 08-01-2006 10:49 AM
Link Guidlines stevencachia The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 07:05 AM
Bingo site link exchange. PokerMaster The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 01-17-2006 07:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0