Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am planning on publishing a full article on this but I seriously just need to vent for a moment. Last week my AC power adapter bit the dust for my laptop. I ordered a new one from the Dell 800 number and paid an extra $20 for express shipping as I cannot even turn my computer on right now. And don't worry I checked, for the Inspiron 1150 there is no universal part or aftermarket part I can buy.

Well anyways Dell sends me the wrong AC adapter. Without getting into the entire story I have literally (no exaggeration) spent over 7 hours on the phone with the support center in India. Technical support keeps transferring me to sales to find out what the right part number is. When I speak with sales they transfer me back to technical support because apparently that part is no longer being manufactured and they do not know what is compatible. Each time you get transferred it is a minimum 45 minutes on hold time. I have also spoken with over 20 customer service reps at the India call center since this debacle began.

It is a ****** power cord people, how can my situation be that difficult. Likewise how can the largest computer manufacturer in the world have a customer service department that is this terrible. I have never in my life had such an awful experience. It is not like I am trying to order a new part for a commodore 64 here. Hell, I don't even need any major technical assistance. I need a power supply.........it's comical how simple my request is.

I will literally never buy another Dell product because of this experience. I am losing money every day that my main computer will not turn on. After reading other messages on the internet I am not the only person who has had this type of experience with Dell either. Again I will publish an article about my entire story if I ever get a resolution.

Bottom line though is that Senior management at Dell should be embarassed by their customer service department!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2005, 03:21 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

I've practiced preventive maintenance and never ordered from Dell. On another note.. my power adapter just went out on my Sony Vaio and I went to eBay.com and searched the adapter part number and it come up with a shitload of aftermarket adapters.

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

This should help you...

PA-10 Power Adapter for Dell Inspiron 1150

275 Auctions

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-05-2005, 03:23 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

And here is a more focussed search for ya..

Inspiron 1150 Power Adapters

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-05-2005, 03:57 PM
chris0247 chris0247 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Dell is awful. If you're looking for a new laptop down the road, check out offerings from Fujitsu and ASUS. Both companies produce top notch laptops and the support on my Fujitsu laptop has been the best in the business IMHO. Reviews @ http://www.notebookreview.com/

good luck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:17 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 625
Default

:lol: I just bought a new Inspiron 9300 for my girlfriend for her birthday from Dell. I don't usually support big mail-order companies, but this deal was really good. It's been beautiful so far (those 17-inch screen are so cool), I just hope that nothing breaks.

That sucks Jeremy!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well, I got fed up with Dell and couldn't afford to keep standing by for a silly power cord so I went out and bought a new laptop. Seriously every day I was not online with "my system" I felt like I was losing money. As much as it sucks to invest in a new computer I figured I put lot of mileage on my Dell in the last year so maybe it was time anyways.

I got an HP widescreen and had my tech geek transfered all my files for me. So far I like the unit but adjusting from my Dell keyboard to this is a bitch. I am making constant spelling mistakes and my fingers haven't got used to the new keyboard yet.

Oh well, at least I am back in service. Not having a laptop for a week and a half has been awful.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Skype Experience indieangler The Cocktail Lounge 0 07-25-2006 04:31 PM
I feel terrible about this.... Jeremy General Poker Chat 5 01-09-2006 08:04 PM
experience with mambo? NeverBeg The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 11-17-2005 10:56 AM
My latest experience Kellermann General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 10-10-2005 12:38 PM
Great experience with Celebpoker ethomps General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-07-2005 12:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0