Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Well tonight was my first private tourney. I held an Ohio St vs. Michigan tournament through a new site I set up.... HoldEmRivals.com

I had anticipated 100-200 new players from the campaign on CPA at Bodog, which would make me around 10k-20k.

Well not everything went over as well as I had thought in Michigan. I spent $1500-$1900 on promos for the tourney I believe. Ill know more tommorrow when I add it all up.

As of last night I had 28 signups and 17 depositers. There was a big influx of players signing up today, so Im not sure how many new players I got off that.

Overall we had 49 players in the tournament. Its still going on as we speak. Im hoping I picked up about 10 more players today so I can make some money off this to finance some projects coming up.

I will update tommorrow when I get my stats and let you guys know.
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2005, 09:04 AM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 416
Default

Buckeye, thanks for the report man, keep us in the loop as to how it went. I think your next tournament will be even bigger... i'd do a 'round 2' in another month or so, tap the email addresses you've collected, get them to your community etc...

I hope it works out well, I like the concept! What kind of things did you do for promotion?
__________________
J S

Advocate for Online Poker Legalization - Dr. Ron Paul, Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate. Wake up and smell the revolution.

Do you run a poker league? Poker League Software provides a free automated poker leaderboard you can use. You can also Learn to Deal Poker, with our best selling online training course.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2005, 09:28 AM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Congratulations, sounds like you found a good marketing avenue. B)
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2005, 09:34 AM
gumbajohnny's Avatar
gumbajohnny gumbajohnny is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ft lauderdale
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to gumbajohnny Send a message via MSN to gumbajohnny Send a message via Skype™ to gumbajohnny
Default

Do not get fustrated if you hold it they will come.
Good luck.
__________________
Good Luck To Us All!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,009
Default

Is there rake requirement for Bodog CPA?
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2005, 11:07 AM
BruinEric BruinEric is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Thanks for letting us know how it is unfolding. I've been following your effort here because I'm trying to come up with a "business plan" for doing a similar thing.

When you have the energy, let us know what promotion avenues you took and where the money went. It might be interesting to discern what works and what doesn't work.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2005, 08:55 PM
kksuited kksuited is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 138
Default

100-200 sign ups would be insane. If you can get that, you need to start your own affiliate world site

Let us know how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Bodog stats didnt update today for some reason.

I emailed my AM tonight. Hopefully I know tommorrow how I did. Ill go over some of the marketing we did when I get it all figured out.
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Stats updated today.

I pulled 28 new depositers off the tournament. Got a few other signups at Bodog this month as well.

$2800 on CPA

I spent around $1991 on all of the promotions and paying people to help.

- Rush Flyers $260
- New Site $100 Host
- New Site $100 Design
- New Flyer Design $60
- Michigan jersey $50
- Poster Design $100
- New Banner $50
- Shelb and Katie Modeling $100
- Hotel 64.79
- Gas 28.00
- Staple Gun 25
- Gas 21
- Shirts 15
- 49 Paid for players Rake
- 5 ipods : $500 (maybe a bit more)
- Press Release $80
- Helper $140
- Helper $50


The flyers were really nice I got 10k of them made and only handed out about 2k tops. I dont think I used them enough.

I wasted money on having 2 girls model for the posters. I paid them $100 total and also ordered a MIchigan jersey for the one girl. The pics looked like shit, and I just ended up getting some off of istockphoto and had a guy work with them for me.

I paid him $100 for the poster design. They were really sweet posters and I had setup to get 100 of them for $200 (18x24). Then I didnt get an answer form them. So I went to Kinkos and they wanted around $16 per poster!. So I just said fuck it Ill take the loss on the posters.

The tournament was supposed to be somewhat even OSU vs. UM. However only 5 UM players played and 44 OSU. I had a page on the site where i had every player listed for what team they were playing for. I added about 15 UM names and made it look like they just didnt show up. I didnt want it to look like it was our fault that UM players didnt play, and that we were trying to tip the scales to one side.

A lot of work for a small profit. I def. overestimated the interest in the tournament as I thought I would pull in more players in. But I guess I made money and I can use it to fund more projects I want to do. At leas I didnt fail horribly on the first tournament attempt.

On some more good notes. A lot of the people are now coming to OhioStatePOker.com more often. Everyone said they loved the tourney and had fun so it seems like It will help in the long run.

Thats about it.
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,009
Default

Amazing, you should be proud of yourself. Wont the university kick you out of school though, you must be walking on a thin robpe
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre register list for private tourney Pokerhunt General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 11-29-2006 10:00 AM
online private tourney: speed poker| where? deepak7 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 08-09-2006 10:52 AM
The P.A.W Private Tourney Circuit!! Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 11-09-2005 03:38 PM
How do I start a private tourney on Paradise? dleeret General Poker Chat 2 09-01-2005 01:35 AM
Private tourney gumbajohnny General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 08-09-2005 05:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0