Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 AM
s2kinteg916 s2kinteg916 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 53
Send a message via AIM to s2kinteg916 Send a message via MSN to s2kinteg916
Default

"If you do not copy the provided code correctly or change the code
you will not by paid for any customers you refer. "

Most of the time i run custom links with images hosted on my server that way iam sure i wont get any broken images. I contacted their support like 2 or 3 days ago asking how i would go about doing this so i get credit. Me being from the webmaster community and expanding to poker find it frustrating the level of support and tools that are offered to the webmasters in the poker afffiliate business. It seems as if they were trying to filter out affiliates just by making it harder for them.

For example i checked out pokerchamps affiiliate information you gotta be a rocket scientist to figure it out and setup the links.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
goldog goldog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palmdale,CA
Posts: 27
Default

I had the same problem with IA when they ran the Absolute program. I requested a simple text link code and they provided one. I am not sure it worked though. I had a customer claim he signed up through my link but I didn't get credit. Support wasn't much help. They just said I wouldn't get credit and that was that. AP left them shortly after that. :angry:


Glenn
__________________
Goldog

The Poker Bonus Hound
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 10:43 AM
s2kinteg916 s2kinteg916 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 53
Send a message via AIM to s2kinteg916 Send a message via MSN to s2kinteg916
Default

Yeah i find it odd just to get provided a simple text link. Absolute,paradise,income access all have the same affiliate script which lacks which all have this problem.

I found an email address for the ub affiliate program and i just send them a email.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 01:08 PM
pokermonger pokermonger is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 142
Default

I can't answer your link question, but I have always been pleased with the support from IA. If you don't hear anything Monday, PM me and I will get you in contact with someone there that can help you.
__________________
Pokermonger

Online Slots
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 01:31 PM
MarkusS MarkusS is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 175
Default

Just getting a textlink isnt exactly difficult since the hyperlink with your affiliate code is in the HTML code provided by them. So just copy that out and use it for whatever you want, textlinks or homemade banners. Works fine for me.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,116
Default

"For example i checked out pokerchamps affiiliate information you gotta be a rocket scientist to figure it out and setup the links."

For pokerchamps save the image to your computer then link it to your affiliate code.
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players ,Maybe get the top Partypoker Bonuscode , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Come qualify to the Wsop for $2 at Pokerstars
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 02:33 PM
s2kinteg916 s2kinteg916 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 53
Send a message via AIM to s2kinteg916 Send a message via MSN to s2kinteg916
Default

yeah i can just copy the target url and paste it in my website thats not a problem the onlyu thing that i worry is

""If you do not copy the provided code correctly or change the code
you will not by paid for any customers you refer. "
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 02:42 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,116
Default

i usually always just pull the url out of the affiliate code and just link my banners to it, Dont know if im missing any sign ups thou through it
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players ,Maybe get the top Partypoker Bonuscode , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Come qualify to the Wsop for $2 at Pokerstars
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2005, 02:45 PM
MarkusS MarkusS is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 175
Default

I wouldnt worry about that just as long as you copy the hyperlink correctly with your complete affiliate code.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Default

I've been wondering the same thing?

I have big goose eggs for some of the rooms you mentioned, I have some decent SE traffic for some of them too?
I had to clean up some links to get them to validate for my .xml feeds...nothing too radical, replace & with & etc.

I'm really surprised at how 1990's most of the poker world is

From my experience, its from letting backend programmers be in charge of fronend solutions. I've yet to meet one that is proficient in both!

Time to run some test conversions I think?
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
30 play money signups but not a single deposit? pokertipsfromthepros General Poker Affiliate Discussion 26 03-08-2007 04:57 PM
Just signed up, thought I would comment... PokerMaster SunPoker.com - FocalClick 2 03-10-2006 12:55 AM
How many players signed up under me the27offsuit.com StacksPoker.com 5 01-30-2006 09:30 PM
Affiliates Managers ever drop Affiliates? bsgjunkie General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-06-2005 07:12 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 02:58 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0