| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 10-27-2005, 01:24 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
|
|
It appears that the revenue for blackjack is not based on net win or net loss, but based on the house edge times the wager amounts by the players. Here is what I found on the partypoker affiliate site:
You will receive 20% of House Win Revenue* for your players for all your MGR trackers. You will be able to see the House Win Revenue from your players against each tracker.
*House Win Revenue is calculated as
Standard house win rates (%) times
Value of wagers by your players ($).
I am guessing that if the house edge on a game is 5% and someone wagers 100 dollars a hand, the House Win Revenue is 5 dollars a hand. So if someone plays 100 hands at 100 dollars a hand, then the House Win Revenue would be 500 as opposed to how much this player won or lost. I believe they did this to prevent any chance of negative revenue for the affiliates.
Can anyone confirm this? Is this better or worse than the traditional means of calculating blackjack MGR (i.e. net win/net loss) ?
|
 10-27-2005, 01:34 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 292
|
|
For the affiliates this is worse value wise. This is because most people do not play blackjack optimally and the house wins more than the "house edge". However, I am sure some people do not mind it as they are cutting out the affiliate risk completely.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
|
 10-27-2005, 02:50 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
|
|
It looks like affiliates net about 20-21 cents per 100 dollars wagered on blackjack.
|
 10-27-2005, 03:29 PM
|
|
The Don Dadda
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
|
|
I think win win situtaion
__________________
www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"
I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
|
 10-27-2005, 04:02 PM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 79
|
|
I disagree, give me the risk...after dealing blackjack for almost 8 years at 2 casino's, I would say hands down, give me the wins and losses (including negative MGR) all day long, in the long run you are losing out big time doing it this way.
|
 10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 397
|
|
There is no doubt this is worse for us long term and number wise BUT there is no risk which is nice. You could have a heavy player win a few thousand in a month playing quite easily. If you have to make that up in poker revenue.....
I think overall its fair.
|
 10-27-2005, 04:19 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
|
|
I was hoping they did things different. I wish they gave us the option to take the net win/loss option and if we didn't want to take the risk, then we could opt out from participating in the blackjack games. Or they could keep the blackjack MGR and poker MGR separate and let negative balances for blackjack rollover from month to month. They already do that for starluck casino and partypoker affiliates. They keep the balances separate, even though its the same company running those sites.
|
 10-27-2005, 05:50 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,684
|
|
Seems much better this way. You have to remember Party has 30k affiliates, of which a significant percentage are honesty-challenged. For a lot of affiliates if they got hit by a big blackjack loss, they'd just abandon the account and start a new one. Besides costing Party money, it would be a big waste of their time.
As poker affiliates, you don't care if your players win or lose. Same with blackjack here. You would just care that they bet. Consistent and sensible choice.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.
|