Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2005, 04:30 AM
MrPokerToad MrPokerToad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11
Default

The consensus seems to be that revenue share beats CPA hands down. But I worry about taking revenue share at the less popular sites, because I'm afraid my player is going to move on to Party or Stars once they found out about it and try it.

I've done some analysis of my signups over the past 12 months at various sites. I calculated the total affiliate fees paid divided by the total number of real money signups. This is a starting point to compare CPA vs revenue share. If all my players stopped playing tomorrow, it would be a perfect comparison. But they won't (yay), so it undervalues the revenue share somewhat.

Anyway, some examples: at BugsysClub, a crappy site where I get revenue share, I'm only seeing $11 to date per real money account. Basically, people leave for greener pastures. Meanwhile, at Party, no matter what the signup incentive (none, $25, 20%), I see well over $75 per real money account. So while CPA would be a mistake at Party, and is an unavoidable annoyance at Stars, it seems like I'd be better off with CPA at Bugsys.

A site like Pacific, which offers $150-$200 CPA, is harder to judge, but that big CPA is an attractive sure bet. Especially 8 months ago, when Pacific's future was uncertain. I have been using only CPA trackers at Pacific, because of this uncertainty, but now that they are more successful I am considering switching to revenue share.

What do you think? Do other people prefer CPA for crappy sites? What kind of to-date comparisons are you seeing between CPA and revenue share plans?

--Toad
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2005, 01:18 PM
AceKicker AceKicker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 195
Default

I agree. For smaller sites, I sign up with CPA. I think it's too risky to be on revenue share at sites like Bugsy's, MVP, PokerNow, etc. They could close shop or get bought out. You'd be screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
FeeRan FeeRan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 185
Default

I've been having the same dillema with Pacific Poker... They are a pretty big site, but I'm not sure they will be generating as much MGR as Party... and with CPA that big its a HARD decision.

Anyone use MGR on Pacific right now? Whats your advice??
__________________
Wanna get hooked up with a <span style=\'color:red\'>special deal</span> with Empire Poker's Affiliate Program RIGHT AWAY when signing up?

Go to my new site, www.PokerAffiliation.com and sign up with our Empire Poker link! You'll get an affiliate fee way better than the normal one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2005, 10:33 PM
FeeRan FeeRan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 185
Default

MGR or CPA on Pacific???????

Also, as I brought up in another thread, I think the more important question instead of asking should you do CPA for a certain site, is whether you should be doing CPA for your "$25 Bonus" banners, and MGR for your "20 percent bonus" banners.
__________________
Wanna get hooked up with a <span style=\'color:red\'>special deal</span> with Empire Poker's Affiliate Program RIGHT AWAY when signing up?

Go to my new site, www.PokerAffiliation.com and sign up with our Empire Poker link! You'll get an affiliate fee way better than the normal one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2005, 11:27 PM
MrPokerToad MrPokerToad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FeeRan@Mar 3 2005, 09:33 PM
Also, as I brought up in another thread, I think the more important question instead of asking should you do CPA for a certain site, is whether you should be doing CPA for your "$25 Bonus" banners, and MGR for your "20 percent bonus" banners.
I think this makes sense at any but the top, stickiest sites. At Party, though, I get better lifetime value with MGR even on the signups who use $25 bonus.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any sites that let you see revenue per player? haynesey General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 10-24-2006 08:20 PM
CPA vs Revenue Share Paramnesia General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 06-07-2006 08:56 PM
Poker.com offers 80% revenue share [email protected] Poker.com 3 05-22-2006 08:22 AM
Higher Commission Rate? dudeman General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 05-11-2005 12:47 AM
revenue share comparisons richardb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 03-31-2005 11:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0