News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-31-2005, 01:48 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

I was just reading the FAQ section at www.paradiseaffiliates.com and noticed that their definition of revenue share is different than Party Poker. Which do you guys think is better from an affiliates perspective?

Here is Paradise's:

"Net Poker Revenue" shall mean the sum total of all New Members' contributions to "rakes" the New Members were involved in while playing at Our Site, less any credits, bonus or promotional amounts given to New Members, processing charges, chargebacks or any uncollectable revenue attributable to the New Members. A New Member's contribution to a "rake" shall be determined by multiplying the quotient obtained when dividing the actual amount to a hand contributed by the New Member by the total bet of each hand, by the total "rake" of the hand in question. For example, if the Real New Member's contribution to the hand is five Dollars ($5.00) and the total bet in the hand is twenty Dollars ($20.00) and the "rake" of the hand in question is one Dollar ($1.00), the Real New Member's contribution to the rake will be twenty five cents ($0.25).

Here is Party's:

"Gross Revenue" is calculated as the sum total of all Players' contribution to all "rakes" the Players were involved while playing at the Website, less any credits, bonus or promotional amounts given to Players, processing charges, charge backs, or any un-collectable revenue attributable to the Player. Moreover, a Player's contribution to the "rakes" shall be determined as the quotient obtained when dividing the actual amount of each rake to which the Player had contributed divided by the total number of players at the table at the start of the hand. So, if the rake in a hand with ten players at the table is three dollars ($3.00), each player's contribution to the rake will be thirty cents ($0.30).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Prenut Prenut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 202
Default

That is a no brainer, Party Poker's plan is easily better.

Your long term players (the ones that will make you your money) would make you much less on Paradise. This is because your long term players will play less pots on average when compared to the rest of the table because presumably they would be tighter players.

I would much rather have Party's system where all he has to do is be dealt into a hand.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2005, 02:00 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

I agree. I just posted that to make sure everyone reads the entire affiliate agreement of the various sites they promote. I am guilty of not doing that myself.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 491
Default

Hi Richard and PreNut

I disagree with you both on this. You are also losing hard money earned through the rake of the Players that you bring and have participated in the rake completely.

It comes down to fairness here - the more a Player actually plays at Paradise the more the Affiliate earns, whereas as Party this is irrelevant.

My thoughts anyway.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2005, 03:41 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradise@Mar 31 2005, 03:07 PM
Hi Richard and PreNut

I disagree with you both on this. You are also losing hard money earned through the rake of the Players that you bring and have participated in the rake completely.

It comes down to fairness here - the more a Player actually plays at Paradise the more the Affiliate earns, whereas as Party this is irrelevant.

My thoughts anyway.

Stephen
Stephen,

I guess it depends on the player. A tight player who rarely plays a hand will probably generate more income for an affiliate at Party than they would playing at Paradise. On the other hand, a loose action player will probably generate more money for an affiliate at Paradise.

I am guessing that the average player is loose, passive. I am not sure what site (party or paradise) would yield the most profit for an affiliate for such a player, but I am currently leaning towards Party. I guess we have to do some math to find out a rough estimate.

Also, I am in no way suggesting affiliates to not promote Paradise Poker. Affiliate marketing is a business and everyone should do their own due diligence and research each program.

Thanks,

Richard
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Also, I am in no way suggesting affiliates to not promote Paradise Poker. Affiliate marketing is a business and everyone should do their own due diligence and research each program.

Hi Richard

I realised that, and never thought for one second that you were... You'll probably fine that in the long term the differences are next to nothing. We calculate it this way to be more fair to the individual Affiliate, that's all.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 291
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

Someone brought this up about UB last week and honestly I don't think it makes a difference. While most people think that good players play tight, I don't necessarily agree. I think if you are a tight player and you are getting rake back Party might be your place. But most good players want to see lots of flops against bad players. Plus a lot of games are played short. I think the myth of "tight is right", is a myth. Good players look to exploit there opponents bad decisions it is hard to do that if you are waiting for AA.

Wouldn't it be concievable that a good player, or players, seeing flops against weaker opponents, the system at UB and Paradise is actually better for the affiliate?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0