Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2005, 09:10 PM
invisage13 invisage13 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 54
Default

B) Well unfortunetely I go back to work on Sunday after a nice long vacation. I am a casino host for Carnival Cruise lines.
Part of my job of course is sitting down and talking with big players and the ship I am joining on sunday (the Miracle out of Tampa) has poker tables which I will be running poker tournaments on every cruise.
I have been considering how I should try to sign people up. My main idea is a flyer with my website info with a nice big coupon type splurge down the bottom with a code for one of my sites.
But I have heard some people mention handing out CDs. How does this work?
Also what kind of insentives should/can I offer players who I know will be betting big to get them onboard?

I think this next 6 months back at work will give me a chance to give my site a big starting boost, just want to make sure I can maximise it. B)
__________________
Webmaster for
Complete Online Poker
Your one stop poker site.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd be careful that this was okay with my bosses before even trying it, especially if you like your job. You might have already thought of that, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw your post.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2005, 10:20 AM
invisage13 invisage13 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 54
Default

Yeah I did think about it. Firstly I am not offering a competetive product so morally I feel ok
Secondly I do like my job in that its fun and I get to be in the caribbean every week but I have found ship life too much now and this will be my last 6 month contract... regardless of how well my site does.
Thirdly Carnival is a bastard of a company on many levels. Its not too bad for me as I am in the casino department but you should see what people like the room stueds and such have to put up with and for how little pay. Its almost a sweat shop on water.
I am very tempted to actually put up an anti carnival web page at some point going into full detail at their employment practices along with other things eg
people who cruise on the Carnival Destiny (3000+ a week) would be shocked to know that the company who built it did such a bad job on it structually that Carnival recieved its next ship for free (it basically has a huge crack through the middle of its hull which was patched up by another company).
I shall end my rant here though as I could go on for ever <_<

but you are right Randy, it's not something to recommend normaly but I am intent on using my position to my personal gain instead of the companies for a change.
__________________
Webmaster for
Complete Online Poker
Your one stop poker site.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offline Promoting joeblack General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-15-2005 10:04 AM
Recommendations for an OFFLINE campaign ucladave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-22-2005 12:55 PM
A post on offline marketing Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-09-2005 12:26 AM
Thread for Offline Promoting Results mike General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 03-09-2005 04:56 PM
Offline Promos Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 01-22-2005 03:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0