Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2005, 08:47 PM
invisage13 invisage13 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 54
Default

Ok after reading a lot of articles it is becoming apparent that unless you hit a REALLy huge idea that gets a lot of hype your not going to see any real incoming traffic from google for 6-12 months.

Trading backlinks with other site will help out with this eventually but for actually getting any traffic from that site (unless you manage to somehow score a front page) is going to be minimal to nill as most backlink swaps just drops you on a links page among numerous other text links.

I have started writing articles that I have submitted to ezines and other sites (Jeremy has posted a couple) that have started generating some clicks but now I have read/heard that because I also have these articles on my site that it will hurt my rankin once I get one (due to duplicate content)

Once I see that the site can draw traffic on its own merhits I dont mind putting a bit of money in to bump it along but until then I am trying to do it on hard work alone but I am starting to get a little confused in what direction I should be putting that effort in to.

I will continue to write my articles and such as I enjoy it and add more content but what steps should I really be taking to start getting more traffic?
__________________
Webmaster for
Complete Online Poker
Your one stop poker site.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2005, 09:02 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,268
Default

Are ezines a thing of the past now? I really dont know much, or anything about them. Are they any good?

THanks
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 1,043
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

You have any idea how much dup content is out there ?

Honestly, I wouldnt worry...

Think about RSS feeds...
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Carbon Poker Bonus Code or our Cake Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus | Poker Bonus Codes Online | Online Casino Bonus Directory | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2005, 10:17 PM
invisage13 invisage13 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 54
Default

And in regards to hoursurfers question. Which is better ezines or blogs? or is much of a muchness?
__________________
Webmaster for
Complete Online Poker
Your one stop poker site.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-14-2005, 10:39 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

Don't underestimate direct traffic from backlinks. I got a good number of quality traffic every day from link exchanges. Also, if you work hard you will see results from Google sooner than that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Pokerboy Pokerboy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 111
Default

only 12% or so needs to be original....so basically type in another heading, and a banner in the middle or something like that.
__________________
Free Poker Tournament Listings for fellow webmasters.

Visit a great ressource for online poker tournament listings. Maybe you are looking for freeroll poker tournaments.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Poker / Gambling / Casino sites vxp22 The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 02-10-2007 12:34 PM
Generating Income With Poker Sites Rex New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 11-26-2006 06:20 PM
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 10:33 PM
Content Farms vs. Idea Sites Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-11-2006 05:18 PM
Best Way For New Sites To Get Traffic Big Slick Poka General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-10-2005 07:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0