Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
nordberg25 nordberg25 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 79
Default

I go through some of those 2nd and 3rd tier ppc search engines, and look at the prices people are paying for the broad searched terms like poker and texas hold em and I see them as high as $3.00 a click. I remember back when overture allowed gambling to be promoted it was as high as $14 a click.

Maybe Stephen can answer this, at $3 per click is it possible for even the company to justify paying this. My best conversions ever, and this was years ago was for every 100 clicks, I would get 20 play money signups and 1 real money signup. (using ppc only) so at $3 per click that meant I wold need that 1 person to generate $300 to break even.

Those conversions now are out the door as 2nd and 3rd tier are pretty bad. I just can't see spending any more than .50 - 1.00 a click on this type of advertising.

Maybe someone can help me see the light.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 946
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

try some of the lower level specific terms. Im going to try gambling.com next month.
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus Code | Cake Poker Bonus Code | Las Vegas Webcams | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-15-2005, 08:50 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,236
Default

With very, very, very specific search terms I have evaulated my players to be worth 10.04 per click. I couldnt believe it until I actually did it. They just have to be very specific search terms.

Later,
R
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 03:00 AM
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 09:33 PM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0