Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2005, 11:58 AM
El_Maximo El_Maximo is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hershey, PA
Posts: 110
Default

So I'm back to promoting poker again. This past weekend I happened to play cards with two different groups of old friends. None of these guys play online for money. We use to play alot of kitchen table poker. Now they love to play the SnG style tournaments. I mentioned the step tournies to them and showed them how they work on Party's website. They loved the idea. I'm finding the Step tournies are like crack even to the occasional poker player. They really liked the Mini-Step format. $5+1 buy-in and a chance to win a big payout. The steps do seem easier than they really are. So I promoting the steps for a few weeks to see how it goes. Any suggestions bonus codes and MGR or CPR? Any idea if you get a percentage if they advance in the steps. For example, Player A buys-in for $5+1. You get a percentage of his $1 rake. He advances to the level 2 and gets a freeroll. Would you still get a percentage of his level 2 buy-in since he is actually paying for it by winning level 1? These steps generate alot of rake but Im not sure if we qualify for higher levels.
__________________
- El Maximo

"In order to live, you must be willing to die!" - Amir Vahedi

Small Stakes Poker Blog - A weekly blog of the journey of a free online poker player to online poker professional.

No Limit Freerolls - Free Online Poker Info
Hershey Poker Club - Play live poker in Hershey, PA
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
El_Maximo El_Maximo is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hershey, PA
Posts: 110
Default

Party actually responded in a timely manner:

"With regard's to your e-mail, you won't be generating any MGR or any revenue for your players playing in tournaments, the affiliates generate revenues for their players playing in live cash games."

I didn't realize tournaments fee's were not considered revenue.
__________________
- El Maximo

"In order to live, you must be willing to die!" - Amir Vahedi

Small Stakes Poker Blog - A weekly blog of the journey of a free online poker player to online poker professional.

No Limit Freerolls - Free Online Poker Info
Hershey Poker Club - Play live poker in Hershey, PA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
cavaliers09 cavaliers09 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers09
Default

Royal Vegas has a thing the call "Rounders SitnGos" or something like that which are exactly like Party's steps tournaments. I think they pay for tournament fees.
__________________
Poker Bankrolls
Get your own poker website for $150. PM me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2005, 05:58 PM
checkingout checkingout is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
Default

As far as I know, Party pays for tournament revenue(entry fee). Id be interested to know who told you different.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2005, 07:22 PM
cavaliers09 cavaliers09 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers09
Default

My affiliate manager told me. I had a month when I generated next to no revenue even though I had a player who I knew was playing an average of about 2 SNGs a day.
__________________
Poker Bankrolls
Get your own poker website for $150. PM me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2005, 07:37 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,324
Default

I know I get money from Sit N Gos.

I know cause when my friend has me as his only sign up and he gets 20 cents everytime I play a $10 + 1 SNG.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 PM
El_Maximo El_Maximo is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hershey, PA
Posts: 110
Default

I know I get rakeback on SnGs. I also know I my subs are heavy SnGers who generate some nice revenue for me. Maybe the class SnGs differently than tournaments. This quote was from the Affiliate Accounts Team. Maybe I just do a test this weekend. I can have one of my sub play a few Steps just to see what type of revenue they generate.
__________________
- El Maximo

"In order to live, you must be willing to die!" - Amir Vahedi

Small Stakes Poker Blog - A weekly blog of the journey of a free online poker player to online poker professional.

No Limit Freerolls - Free Online Poker Info
Hershey Poker Club - Play live poker in Hershey, PA
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 974
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cavaliers09@Aug 16 2005, 03:47 PM
Royal Vegas has a thing the call "Rounders SitnGos" or something like that which are exactly like Party's steps tournaments. I think they pay for tournament fees.
all the prima sites have this
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus Code | Cake Poker Bonus Code | Las Vegas Webcams | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
party bs cavaliers09 PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 9 01-03-2006 11:49 PM
Party Poker Points Expired....... Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 12-27-2005 10:12 AM
Party Poker New Software... adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 07-15-2005 02:31 PM
Party Poker - Bonus Code Problem Poker Coach General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 05-27-2005 07:55 PM
Party WSOP Steps Jeremy General Poker Chat 1 04-13-2005 02:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0