News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2005, 05:37 AM
bsgjunkie bsgjunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 142
Default

Hey,

I am currently hosting 2 sites through realwebhost. I have only had them for 2 months, but so far so good.

I have their 2nd' cheapest hosting plan that is 8.95 a month and includes 8gb of bandwidth, 250mb of storage, and free domain registration. Without signing up for an account they charge 9.50 for domain registration.

Who is everything else using and what are you paying?

Junkie
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2005, 05:45 AM
faydman faydman is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to faydman
Default

i didn't do much shopping around. i'm new to this...saw the godaddy.com super bowl commercial and used them. seemed pretty cheap, but i don't remember the details...my friend had used register.com and i know it was cheaper than that.
__________________
Holdem Tips
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2005, 05:52 AM
bsgjunkie bsgjunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 142
Default

I have had problems with Globat.com in the past. They had really cheap plans, and claimed all these great things. They even offered 30 days money back, but when I tried to cancel with them after 6 days, they made me jump through hoops and wait 43 days to get a refund.

I've been told that web hosting is definatly one of those places where you get what you pay for. Many places offer really, really cheap plans and tons of bandwidth. I've tried to stay away from them in the past.

I havent dont a lot of research either, but any that I have done has been on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ . Check it out if you have hosting questions.

Junkie
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2005, 08:15 AM
mongoose mongoose is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 52
Default

i have some stand-alone sites here:
http://www.tophostingsolutions.com/

they're fine. nothing special, but cheap to be sure.

and for multi-domains with distinct IP's i have an account with prohosters, who were bought out by . . . carpathiahosting??

i register names at godaddy, even before i saw the broad with the big knockers during the super bowl.
__________________
some poker rules and little texas holdem strategy can sure be entertaining
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 AM
slvrmountn slvrmountn is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18
Default

I used Shpyer.com

When I signed up is was $15 for my domain name (Which is high).

Then is was $24 for the year. A steal and the have a control panel so you can set up a forum.

Last I looked they were $6.95 a month or something like that. They must have had a special when I signed up.

It is a great deal.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Kellermann Kellermann is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 146
Default

B-one

Unlimited traffic and easy to use web services.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2005, 10:53 AM
bsgjunkie bsgjunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellermann@Feb 16 2005, 10:53 AM
B-one

Unlimited traffic and easy to use web services.
Hows the uptime? Customer service?

I'd like to start offering the .exe's on my site, but would need a lot more bandwidth to do so. I've heard about these hosts, and have though about just gettind one for file storage.

Junkie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0