Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   Who do you host and register with? (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/174-who-do-you-host-register.html)

bsgjunkie 02-16-2005 05:37 AM

Hey,

I am currently hosting 2 sites through realwebhost. I have only had them for 2 months, but so far so good.

I have their 2nd' cheapest hosting plan that is 8.95 a month and includes 8gb of bandwidth, 250mb of storage, and free domain registration. Without signing up for an account they charge 9.50 for domain registration.

Who is everything else using and what are you paying?

Junkie

faydman 02-16-2005 05:45 AM

i didn't do much shopping around. i'm new to this...saw the godaddy.com super bowl commercial and used them. seemed pretty cheap, but i don't remember the details...my friend had used register.com and i know it was cheaper than that.

bsgjunkie 02-16-2005 05:52 AM

I have had problems with Globat.com in the past. They had really cheap plans, and claimed all these great things. They even offered 30 days money back, but when I tried to cancel with them after 6 days, they made me jump through hoops and wait 43 days to get a refund.

I've been told that web hosting is definatly one of those places where you get what you pay for. Many places offer really, really cheap plans and tons of bandwidth. I've tried to stay away from them in the past.

I havent dont a lot of research either, but any that I have done has been on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ . Check it out if you have hosting questions.

Junkie

mongoose 02-16-2005 08:15 AM

i have some stand-alone sites here:
http://www.tophostingsolutions.com/

they're fine. nothing special, but cheap to be sure.

and for multi-domains with distinct IP's i have an account with prohosters, who were bought out by . . . carpathiahosting??

i register names at godaddy, even before i saw the broad with the big knockers during the super bowl. ;)

slvrmountn 02-16-2005 08:22 AM

I used Shpyer.com

When I signed up is was $15 for my domain name (Which is high).

Then is was $24 for the year. A steal and the have a control panel so you can set up a forum.

Last I looked they were $6.95 a month or something like that. They must have had a special when I signed up.

It is a great deal.

Kellermann 02-16-2005 09:53 AM

B-one

Unlimited traffic and easy to use web services.

bsgjunkie 02-16-2005 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kellermann@Feb 16 2005, 10:53 AM
B-one

Unlimited traffic and easy to use web services.

Hows the uptime? Customer service?

I'd like to start offering the .exe's on my site, but would need a lot more bandwidth to do so. I've heard about these hosts, and have though about just gettind one for file storage.

Junkie


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0