Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:28 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 277
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default Great Move by Cake

Just want to tip my hat to Cake Poker this Christmas, for an excellent move. A bunch of my players notified me today that they received this in the mail:




That's such a fantastic idea. Not only is it just a damn nice thing to do, but it creates such a strong brand loyalty, and also will generate so much word of mouth. It's such a unique idea too - so many players will be telling their friends & family(all of whom they'll be talking to over the holiday season) about this gift, and spreading the Cake name around.

I also received an ipod touch from Cake:



And I actually wrote an article on just why a gift like this can be more than just a gift - it can be such an excellent business move, and hopefully other affiliate/poker room managers can read that and take note

So big thanks to Shenaz, Rob & everyone else at Cake. I remember writing months ago about how impressed I was by the marketing and ideas that Cake have, and they continue to impress month after month
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:46 PM
AlanAces AlanAces is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Default

Wow an actual cake!

I wonder if I am getting one...
__________________
50%+ Rakeback you can trust!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,264
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Very classy move by CakePoker indeed. Nice work Shenaz. I wrote an article as well.

People forget that most poker players have no concept of money or the value of a dollar. It's the though that counts and cool tangible stuff that gets to a poker player or affiliates heart.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 277
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

Fun story along these same lines - a poker room manager I was dealing with told me that one year he sent out handwritten christmas cards to all the players. Nice thing to do, right? Except he got I think at least 5 e-mails from players, upset because their wives didn't know they played poker online, and were wondering why they were getting christmas cards from an online poker room. Oops!
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 AM
ih82lose's Avatar
ih82lose ih82lose is offline
Be gentle with the earth.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Fun story along these same lines - a poker room manager I was dealing with told me that one year he sent out handwritten christmas cards to all the players. Nice thing to do, right? Except he got I think at least 5 e-mails from players, upset because their wives didn't know they played poker online, and were wondering why they were getting christmas cards from an online poker room. Oops!
Ha ha, now that is funny!

I remember when I had a big weekly home game a few years back. Everyones wives/girlfriends hated me. Oh well, just part of the price I paid to take their money!
__________________
If you wish to play Online Power Poker, you will first have to Go Online and find a great Online Poker Site, one way to do that is to get some poker room reviews at Card Critic, one of the oldest review site for poker rooms around.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-21-2007, 12:09 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,572
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

That is a great idea. I know Titan use to have some pretty cool stuff for different levels in their VIP program that they sent out at xmas


Quote:
Originally Posted by ih82lose View Post
Ha ha, now that is funny!

I remember when I had a big weekly home game a few years back. Everyones wives/girlfriends hated me. Oh well, just part of the price I paid to take their money!
Poker night is at my house every Monday night. we have a friend who we all fight over who has to call his house in case his wife answers. I hate having to do it....try calling for another womens husband every week....they dont respond to that so well either and you know you have to explain why you are calling before hand.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 305
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

Nice move indeed..
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-21-2007, 01:22 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 366
Default

Damn - time for me to start promoting Cake seriously!
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-21-2007, 03:01 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 378
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

My husband was not real thrilled the first time i got flowers from an affiliate program either.. and they were signed first name only..

I had no idea who they were from.. I called the florist, who only knew that they were purchased from out of the US. .. . I PMed Dominque and asked her if she might have some idea where the heck they came from .. really.
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-21-2007, 03:16 AM
Aidan's Avatar
Aidan Aidan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 289
Default

Yeah, we have been extremely happy with Cake Poker. I hope big things keep happening on that network/room.

Good work sending players the Cake. Great move.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop By in September to grab some Great Offers Thank You Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 5 09-16-2007 10:43 AM
The one Thread With some great Offers in July Come Grab A Great Bonus Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 8 07-14-2007 05:43 AM
Springtime is here! and great Bonus Offers are here Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 0 04-04-2007 08:16 AM
BackGammon Empire A Great Place To Play A Great Game Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 2 01-30-2007 08:10 AM
Come try out Break Away,Sail Away,Sci-Fi Casino Today Great Stuff Great Bonus Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 2 12-12-2006 06:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0