Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-17-2007, 05:56 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,558
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default EU accepts US offer

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/65e02eee-a...0779fd2ac.html

here is another link with an explanation to which areas they have been compensated

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...fx4446658.html
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 444
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

Thanks for the update Kaus, a step in the right direction!
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 583
Default

A step in which right direction. This looks to me as though the door is closing even tighter to reopening the online gambling market to the US.

Foreign leverage was really one of the last big sources of leverage to get this thing turned around. I guess now we must wait to see how Barney Franks bill will turn out.

Anyone know when that is going to the Senate floor?>
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2007, 07:24 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,705
Default

It's basically bad news. That the US admits compensation is appropriate is a small victory, but the online gambling sector got zip out of the settlement so that is quite bad.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 AM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 583
Default

This is so frusterating. Makes me want to throw in the towel... again!

Someone please give me some hope that this will turn around.

Or just put me out of my misery.
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 AM
geoffvro's Avatar
geoffvro geoffvro is offline
Retired Billionaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 105
Default

I'm not surprised, and I think the assholes looking for some huge payout to Antigua will be surprised at how low the compensation is. Sorry guys, but I'm from the U.S., and I'm a poker affiliate but this is all horse shit. They have a $1 billion dollar economy, and their gambling market was affected by the departure of 888.com - not the UIGEA.

How many people think that the U.S. removing gambling from recreational services was illegal? If you answered yes, well than you're wrong. So many people on the boards reported that the actions of the United States was illegal when they were not. The U.S or ANY NATION is permitted to back out of trade obligations in exchange for compensation. Well guess what - that's what is happening now.

Antigua made it a point to argue that individual states in the United States were obligated to allow online gambling services, and the WTO agreed with Antigua in their ruling. This is why the U.S. pulled their commitment to gambling under recreational services. The ensuing shit storm would have been huge, not to mention that over 3/4 of the states asked to have the gambling commitment revoked anyways.

You guys want to blame somebody for this whole mess than blame Antigua, because they got the ruling they wanted, and now we'll all deal with the aftermath.

Happy Holidays Everyone, And Drive Safe
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 710
Default

Perhaps I just don't like change all that much.
I've been working my ass off since UIGEA took place and right now I could not be happier with the industry. I feel like there is a never ending amount of work that can be done and many niches to still be captured.
I stopped reading about, thinking about, following, listening to, speaking or writing about anything to do with WTO, UIGEA and things related around March.

Now I feel I just don't want things to change again. I'm extremely focused and the results are good and the potential is even greater, I think the future looks bright right now as is.

If its brought to my attention the situation my knee jerk reaction now is that I hope everything stays as is.

Perhaps change is a good thing, but I'd just as well prefer a few years passes before anything changes because I'm extremely confident I'm only a few years away from being set for life and it will be easier (perhaps more comfortable is the word) to deal with change then.

Its interesting now to reflect on how I felt when this first happened, total panic and anxiety, to how I feel now (I could care less and am in many ways glad it happened because it motivated me to work harder than I ever would have). I'm sure glad I re-framed the situation fast.

I'm not writing this long post just to brag about life being good. My eyes are blood shot because I am working 16 hours per day, my house is a mess, I haven't showered in 3 days and I got all my Christmas shopping still to do. For right now anything I've made I've more than earned but in the long run I know it will pay off a zillion times over.
My point is that anyone upset over some news, should just really clear their head and then refocus the situation.
There is a saying something like (forget how it goes) "You can complain and make excuses or you can go to work and make a lot of money. Unfortunately you can't have both."
Anyways its something like that, and I think that saying, whatever it is, is good advice.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,441
Default

Solid post PokerProp!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,558
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Think they have a leg to stand on?

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv...BrandChannel=0
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,705
Default

It would seem so. The US just made a concession that concedes an inequity existed. It's a very good point, even if there is a long road to go down to win.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
deepak7, GregK
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RoyalProfits.com launches new Poker room with a hot offer for affiliates and players royal General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 05-23-2007 10:49 AM
offer: affiliate partnership(your links on my webpage) dadaas The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 04-06-2007 02:29 PM
DeuceAce Feb special offer - Buy 2 get 1 free! Great offer John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 02-22-2007 07:09 AM
DeuceAce Sponsorship - 10% Off - One time offer John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 07-23-2006 12:51 PM
Shameless Plug and Unique Offer VirtualVendor General Poker Affiliate Discussion 12 02-03-2005 07:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0