Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 PM
tomt tomt is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 164
Default

PokerProp is my new god.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,264
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Great post PokerProp. I remember when the UIGEA went down and it's kind of a funny story. The day it was announced, I was on a romantic getaway with my wife celebrating our anniversary. I remember the night before we were at an expensive supper club having a great dinner and of course I ordered a $100+ bottle of wine.

My wife is way more frugal than I, and of course thought that was ridiculous. Nonetheless I was telling her how great life was, and how the affiliate business has taken us places we never dreamed of.

When I got home the next morning I checked my voicemail and had several messages about the UIGEA. Like everyone else I panicked and was filled with anger. Within a few months I saw my affiliate income take a massive nosedive. It seemed like all my biggest rooms were the ones that left the U.S. At the time my player base was mostly U.S. as well.

Needless to say, I did what I had to do in order to attempt to replace some of that income. Right now I am back to a comfort level that I can deal with and I am working on some things that will excel me to professional and financial levels that I have never in a million years dreamed of.

Although I thrive on change, and as you will see, there are going to be some big changes around Jan. 1st. I also am sick of letting political B.S. dictate my how I run my business. Until I see a law specifically stating that being a gaming affiliate in the U.S. is illegal, I will get up every morning and work my ass off regardless what the U.S, EU, Antigua, or anyone else does.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-21-2007, 08:48 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,298
Default

Worse case scenario = forced road trip!

Good posts guys.
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-21-2007, 08:53 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,445
Default

Care to share the January 1st ideas Jeremy?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,264
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Quote:
Care to share the January 1st ideas Jeremy?
Can't right now, but it will be quite significant. Trust me however, it will be exciting and will allow the PAW Network to become even better. It will also grow these forums to an entirely new level. Let's leave it at that in this post though. This is a good topic I don't want to hijack.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-21-2007, 09:59 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,445
Default

Sounds good...I thought you meant something VERY NEGATIVE in the prior post.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RoyalProfits.com launches new Poker room with a hot offer for affiliates and players royal General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 05-23-2007 10:49 AM
offer: affiliate partnership(your links on my webpage) dadaas The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 04-06-2007 02:29 PM
DeuceAce Feb special offer - Buy 2 get 1 free! Great offer John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 02-22-2007 07:09 AM
DeuceAce Sponsorship - 10% Off - One time offer John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 07-23-2006 12:51 PM
Shameless Plug and Unique Offer VirtualVendor General Poker Affiliate Discussion 12 02-03-2005 07:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0