Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Rakefreeze Rakefreeze is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLook View Post
Hey and lets not forget my great contribution to this post, letting people know it was most likely your player affiliate
Duly noted!

After Jeremy's response I understand now what he was doing. Mis-information is bad for all of us. Especially now that we have a bunch of new customers that think they are getting one thing and are getting something else. Oh well, we just recently have been working on our affiliate system and working through the problems that go along with it.

Couple of questions for Jeremy and others that operate affiliate systems. How much info are you comfortable giving your affiliates regarding the players they aquire? Also, how do you go about monitoring all their efforts and what do you do if they do something that straddles the line such as using craigslist?

Adam
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,706
Default

First you make "straddling the line" almost impossible. using CL should either be okay or not.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-03-2007, 11:23 PM
badzinni badzinni is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
Default

1)You have not included in your cut and paste the part which says that this is only the case on a .5/.10 table at fulltilt and only when the action is high enough.

2)The Donk--I'm staring at these fulltilt tables right now, and the rake definately is 10%..Im watching both holdem and omaha tables

3)For the gentleman who has posted that fulltilt does not operate like this...this is a direct cut and paste from their website. This is bullet #5 from the affiliate agreement.

"Revenue" is calculated as the sum total of all Players' contribution to all "rakes" the Players were involved in while playing FullTiltPoker.com, plus the sum total of all tournament "fees" paid by Players for entering either multi-table tournaments or Sit 'n Go's (SNGs), less any credits, bonus or promotional amounts given to Players, processing charges, charge backs, or any un-collectable revenue attributable to the Player. A Player's contribution to the "rakes" shall be determined as the quotient obtained when dividing the actual amount of each rake, in hands which such Player was dealt in, divided by the total number of persons playing at the table (“players”) at the start of the hand. By way of example, if the rake in a hand with six players at the table is three dollars ($3.00), each player's contribution to the rake will be fifty cents ($0.50).

4)I'm sorry that some of you have spent time playing higher limits thinking you would make a profit just by getting rakeback. It was not my intention to mislead. I break the math down this way to show how much rakeback can change your results at the microstakes.

5)Without pasting everything that has not been posted here...the response I send out basically says that at a 9 handed table on FT....5/.10 blinds......when the average pot reaches about $5.50 you will be making .15 in rakeback every round of the blinds. If anyone wants to take the time to do the calculations and prove me wrong I would be happy to change how I explain this to people.

$5.50 x %10=.55 in rake per hand
.55 x 9 hands= $4.95 in rake paid by table every 9 hands
$4.95/9= .55 in rake paid by each person for 9 hands
$.55 x 27%= .1485 or about 15 cents in rakeback for 9 hands

For those of you who feel you have wasted time playing under us, I'm sorry for that, I really am so I apologize to you.

As I have stated, If there is someone who disagrees with my math for these microstakes tables, I'd like to hear why you disagree, other than the fact that some tables don't have enough action to make this work. I have taken much time to ensure I say nothing that is not true.

In light of your comments I'm gonna make some changes to my standard email to help people understand how much money they are getting paid.

As far as Craig's list is concerned. I don't send out any unsolicited emails or "spam". I understand some of you feel that my presence there makes all of the affiliates look bad...so it will be decreasing, and eventually I will be eliminating Craig's list as a forum to recruit players.

Last edited by badzinni : 11-04-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-03-2007, 11:57 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,706
Default

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/rake.php
can anbody see the numbers in the dropdown menu? I only get blank boxes.

This shows 5% numbers
http://www.unknownpoker.com/full-tilt-poker/rake.htm

This shows 10% in the nickel/dime games, but 5% in others
http://www.internettexasholdem.com/f...ake-structure/

I personally thought almost all cardrooms calculated rake as badzinni is saying. A share divided by players at the table has always been normal, but I don't know much of anything about rakeback.

badzinni, you would serve yourself better by trying to be more clear in your writing instead of insulting.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-04-2007, 12:26 AM
badzinni badzinni is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
Default

sorry-posted twice-

Last edited by badzinni : 11-04-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Poker Rakeback Listings & Closing of 2+2 Rakeback Forums RakeReport Buy & Sell Advertising 5 07-16-2007 11:33 AM
Rate my site AlanAces Search Engine Optimization 7 01-14-2007 09:04 AM
Poker rakeback directory for sale-Very little work - $900+/mo - Fully custom CMS John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 10 12-03-2006 08:10 AM
Rakeback CAP at Prima/Microgaming - Royal Card Club royalprofitsmad RoyalCardRoom.com & RoyalCardClub.com 0 11-24-2006 09:27 PM
Rakeback discussion in Amsterdam Beanie General Poker Affiliate Discussion 22 04-20-2006 09:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0