Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is online now
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 225
Default Link Conversions

Has anyone done a significant study on direct download link conversions versus regular index page conversions?

To be more specific, I'm talking about links that DO NOT say 'download' in them. So I'm referring to a link that simply says 'Chan Poker' for example.

To be even more specifc, I'm only considering using these on the review and screenshot pages, so in theory these should already be people who have a lot of information on the room before clicking the links.

I've considered that direct download conversions are riskier in that potential signups may click the link wanting to browse the room first and simply click out of the download window, but I'm also thinking there are some people who will go ahead and download that may not have otherwise.

Part of me also thinks it's best to let people browse and make an informed decision. Then on the other hand I'm only considering doing this with a few of the really top-notch sites anyway, so.....I'm a bit confused on what will convert best.

Any help would be appreciated.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2007, 02:23 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Default

I can't really say which converts better but I always use the standard link...for example on my review pages, I will have two links at the bottom: "visit site" and "download"...I use the same link (standard welcome page link) for these because every poker room I know has a pop-up saying "download now in various forms).
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone getting spammed with ridiculous link requests? scottmc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 01-03-2007 06:13 AM
4kingpoker sites link exchanges / links box spaces for sale scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 07-12-2006 07:47 AM
Casino Partners (Vegas Red) Link Format indieangler General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-15-2006 07:38 AM
Taking link building to a new level MilanFlyer The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 03-01-2006 07:54 AM
Link Guidlines stevencachia The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 07:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0