Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 AM
ramchip ramchip is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 150
Default Are You Still Promoting Absolute?

I know we all have the right to promote or not promote Absolute Poker but I'm interested in what you intend to do. For myself I have decided that I don't want to be assoiciated with Absolute until the investigations are over.

What are your thoughts?

www.potripper.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is online now
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 398
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Nice URL
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:51 AM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 277
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

Removed them from all my sites, except for Poker Affiliate Bible, where I've posted a warning message for potential affiliates to them. Bar a miracle, I don't see ever promoting them again.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 AM
ramchip ramchip is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 150
Default

My way of thinking is that we can boost are respect with our players by being honest with them. Most players are still unaware what is happening with Absolute simply because most players don't read forums. There are many respected poker rooms so I would prefer to push them instead.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is online now
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 398
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

I think you have a point here honestly, I may consider leaving my reviews up, but editing them, and including news stories, and a 1 rank or something.. keeping ap there as a reference.. therefore giving weight to other more positive reviews
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2007, 03:40 AM
SecretSauce SecretSauce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 48
Default

fuck no, haven't been for a long time.

pretty sure i was the first affiliate to pull them and i'm very glad i did.

absolute pm me here for home address if you want to dish out some of your 'equitable' penalties on me. bastards
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 AM
SL8R SL8R is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
Default

any alternatives for good US poker rooms?
__________________
GAMBLING DIRECTORY <<-- Add Your Site for free

It's a state of mind...
(Featuring the best Casino Online games and poker tournaments)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 224
Default

I'm gonna go against the grain here. Do car dealers stop selling Fords because they have a safety recall? No. Have people stopped eating at Taco Bell because one of them had rats? No.

This is something that happened in high-stakes poker which affected a super tiny percentage of the people who play at AP. Everyone has bashed them for not being as forthcoming (understandably), but when you run a bazillion dollar company you'd probably have some doubts on the best way to handle it also. The VAST majority of players on AP weren't affected by this whatsoever, and for those who were, AP has vowed to take care of their losses.

What do you guys want, their blood?

Shit happens in every industry, but partners and business associates don't go blowing off every business that screws up from time to time. I realize this was a security issue, I realize that the problems likely involved a current or past exec at the company, but it seems to me that there are a lot of people here that are perpetuating the problem, instead of allowing it to get resolved and putting it behind us.

It's crucial to our industry that these types of things NEVER happen again, and we have to send a message to the poker rooms that these types of problems will not be accepted. But, at this point we are at today October 24, those messages have been sent, over and over. The horse has been beaten to death already. They've admitted the problems, are making amends, and yet you guys are acting like a bunch of old ladies who will never let them live it down.

If everyone continues to write about it on their websites, continues to spew it all over the place just to make sure every single one of our customers gets poisoned by it, then IMO you are part of the problem. Jesus Christ, every industry in the whole world tries to protect themselves, what are we doing? Are we trying to ruin ours?

If you don't want to market AP anymore, that's your business. But, there's already enough info out there for people to find - so shut the hell up already and let's start repairing the damage.

Telling your visitors about it doesn't help you look more reputable. It just scares the shit out of people and they stop playing.

Stop trying to be so noble, and start thinking about your business.

Okay, I'm ready for the trashing. PPP, you first?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2007, 05:06 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 947
Default

Stars, Full Tilt, Bodog..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL8R View Post
any alternatives for good US poker rooms?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahh View Post
Stars, Full Tilt, Bodog..
Doyles.

Instead of another article trashing AP, how about writing some positive ones about Doyles coming back? There are good things we can focus one too. Hmmm...say something positive about our industry?

Nahh, let's keep eating our children.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Absolute Statement Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 17 10-18-2007 08:48 AM
Has Had All Emails ignored by Absolute Affiliate Dept. MassPoker AbsolutePoker.com 1 07-23-2006 11:12 PM
No Deposit Free $50 + $50 Bonus To Absolute Poker Ibonic The Spam Forum 0 07-09-2006 03:52 PM
ABSOLUTE POKER ADDS BLACKJACK TO THE TABLE Shenaz AbsolutePoker.com 2 04-13-2006 10:35 PM
Offline Promoting joeblack General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-15-2005 11:04 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0