Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2007, 03:32 PM
stiankr's Avatar
stiankr stiankr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 117
Default DD links or normal urls?

Just wonder. What do you guys prefer? Direct download links or sending the players to the poker websites?

Pros and cons?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Pro's - Likely get more people to download the software onto their machine & collect more signups. I dont know the stats on it.

Con's - I dont like clicking on .exe downloads. A lot of malware is loaded onto PC's this way. If I dont really know the site I will avoid it.

You get a dull link instead of being whipped directly to the site with all the offers staring the customers in the face.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 920
Default

I would use both. But I prefer using direct download links. The benefit of using DD links is that the players that download the software does not have to go through a webpage to look for the download link. While looking around on a webpage he can change his mind and go to another site.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

I don't use direct download links anymore at all.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,499
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahh View Post
I would use both. But I prefer using direct download links. The benefit of using DD links is that the players that download the software does not have to go through a webpage to look for the download link. While looking around on a webpage he can change his mind and go to another site.
I will not download anything from any direct download link at all even a poker room. I dont think they are neccesary..every room you go to has a download button flashing in your face.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 182
Default

I would say if you're not a super site like Listings or News and are working up to that point, go with the urls, because they give more information about themselves in a marketing manner. I think alot of people get intimidated about simply directly downloading the software without seeing the site first.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paradise New Links Jeremy ParadisePoker.com 3 05-28-2007 09:15 PM
Looking to Exchange Links JohnH Link Exchanges 1 05-04-2007 01:09 PM
In-article contextual links for sale chrisptp Buy & Sell Advertising 0 05-01-2007 03:47 PM
PR 4 Links and Articles Available Bryan The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-28-2007 02:39 PM
4kingpoker sites link exchanges / links box spaces for sale scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 07-12-2006 07:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0