Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Those were the good old days, weren't they? If only life could be that simple again :P

I wonder what top position in Adwords for the keyword poker would be today if they were still allowing gambling ads.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:50 AM
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 408
Default

that was before my time. tell me stories of old, pappy


seriously, what kind of money were you guys paying for click? I'd love to hear, what kind #'s were you generating?
__________________
J S

Poker League Software - Easily create and update a leaderboard for your league!

Learn to Deal Poker like a Pro - an online training course for poker dealers.

How to Run Poker Tournaments - an online training course for poker tournament directors.

Poker Directory - list your quality poker site.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2005, 10:02 AM
mattc mattc is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 125
Default

I too wish that that was still available :D
Never got to use it myself but sounds like it was actually worth paying $$$$$$$$ for the good spots back in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2005, 10:09 AM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

The most I ever spent was 5 dollars per click and it was worth every penny. Some sites were paying as high as 20 dollars per click for keyword "poker".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 493
Default

A few stats (all approximated)
Google: $2-300k monthly, Adwaods worked with a $15 maximum
Overture: $8-1,000k monthly, Highest bid got to about $27 per click
Findwhat: $1-200k monthly, Highest bid was about $20

It was fun! I wasn't advertising an Affiliate site though, so the ROI was higher...

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I averaged 37 cents per click on Adwords and had a terrific ROI. I spent up to $2 a click on some casino keywords though...those were the days...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2005, 09:51 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 368
Default

My per click ran the gamut. I never had budgets over 5k, but my ROI was phenomenal even at the lowest levels. Oh this was strictly google and findwhat. The UK sites are worthless and I'm convinced there are people somewhere just sitting in rooms clicking links to generate account replenishes at smaller ad search sites like espotting or whatever their new name is. That advertising was complete dogshit and I spent more there than anywhere else.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
My per click ran the gamut. I never had budgets over 5k, but my ROI was phenomenal even at the lowest levels
I think this just goes to show why being at the top of google for your targeted keywords is so critical. Imagine if you were #1 in google for "online poker" for even 6 months......you would never have to work again.

P.S. #1 is Pokerroom.com....they have been for a while too.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CasinoMack@Jun 19 2005, 09:51 PM
My per click ran the gamut. I never had budgets over 5k, but my ROI was phenomenal even at the lowest levels. Oh this was strictly google and findwhat. The UK sites are worthless and I'm convinced there are people somewhere just sitting in rooms clicking links to generate account replenishes at smaller ad search sites like espotting or whatever their new name is. That advertising was complete dogshit and I spent more there than anywhere else.
Don't underestimate the Uk Engines, especially with less opportunities in the US.

At Overture UK I was spending about $50k per month, with great results (and minimal click fraud).

Espotting can also work with the right targeting, and optimization. I was once spending about $15k a month there, with a pretty good ROI. There are click fraud problems, and you have to fight with them about this, but it can be worth the hassle. Yahoo Uk used to use Espotting, and ever since they dropped them for Overture, their quality and quantity dropped considerably.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Signs I think a player is good CataracKid General Poker Chat 14 04-30-2007 11:04 AM
Latest news at RP royalprofitsmad RoyalCardRoom.com & RoyalCardClub.com 0 11-10-2006 12:24 AM
Need to hire some part timers - good resources needed Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-11-2006 04:19 PM
How important is a good logo? Kestrel General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 12-22-2005 09:53 AM
Need a good graphic designer for a poster Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 09-26-2005 02:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0