Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Default Question re: Bodog bonus

I'm currently working on my Bodog review for my newest site, with more details than I have on my other sites. Regarding the Bodog bonus structure, I received a chart full of numbers from the Bodog AM, but can only make sense of 1/2 of it. Something isn't making sense to me that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I understand that a player needs to earn 3 Bodog Poker Points per dollar in bonus cashout. What I don't understand is the actual structure in bonus points/rake, as well as bonus points/tournament fee's. According to what I've read at a couple other sites, a player earns 6 points per dollar in tournament fee's. Well, that can't be right because based on that, a player would get $2 in bonus for a $1 tourney fee. I'm assuming that what I've read is old information, but I don't know for sure. I can't find this info on Bodog's website, and can't seem to find info that makes sense anywhere else.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2007, 09:51 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 665
Default

"3 pts are issued for ea. $1 in tournament entry fees. Ex: A $5.00+$0.50 tournament would earn 1.5 points."
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 665
Default

Just confirmed that is right from there site:

http://www.newbodog.com/poker/getting-started.jsp
on middle of page there is some tabs. one of the says "earn points"
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Default

PokerProp,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was starting to make me a little nuts trying to figure this out.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2007, 12:49 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Default

You know, come to think of it, that's still odd.

Players must earn 3 points per $1 in bonus.

But, players get 3 points per $1 in tournament fee's. (100% return)

Suppose they do this because it's only a 10% bonus?

That's just odd, or am I missing something.....am I missing something??

Sorry if I'm just a dumbass, but I'm still confused by this.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2007, 01:00 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 665
Default

It does, and always has, clear at 100% for tournaments
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Default

Bodog got rid of the 10% anytime bonus right? Didn't they get rid of that a while back?

Otherwise, if you had an average or below average tournament player who stays below the curve, and makes deposit after deposit, you could actually never make a penny off him. With a 10% bonus, and 70% (SNG) or 90% multi-table losing %, he would actually go broke right about the same time (or faster) as he clears his bonus. Even with the anytime bonus gone, you really want to send only ring game players to Bodog, and your tournament players elsewhere. Interesting.

Last edited by TheDonk : 09-03-2007 at 02:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2007, 02:57 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 665
Default

The value of bodog "poker" players has always sucked for me. The overall value has been great though. Almost all my promotion has been through poker but so many of the poker players go to the casino and lose lots of money.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The one Thread With some great Offers in July Come Grab A Great Bonus Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 8 07-14-2007 05:43 AM
Question for Bodog affiliate PokerProp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 03-27-2007 11:42 PM
Bonus Code Question PokerManic General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 01-16-2007 12:48 PM
Bonus / Rakeback question the27offsuit.com TonyGPoker.com 2 10-22-2006 08:08 AM
New Bodog Offer: $200 signup bonus domino66 The Spam Forum 0 10-14-2005 01:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0