Will post a 2 minute synopsis... just want to add the disclaimer that I do not really feel I have 'become' an internet marketer just yet! Still have the learner plates on and plan on using this year to build content / drive traffic / learn more and forumlate a long term plan!
Back 2 years... after 9 years with a big blue chip ('Big Blue' might be familliar to some?) working 12+ hours a day I'd found myself in a senior management position, 'number 2' in a 1000 person sub-organisation in Budapest, Hungary.
One day I woke up and decided to 'live life' instead - handed in my resignation (even though they offered me 'the world' to stay!) and spent the next year travelling the world with my Fiance... absolutely fantastic!
Thats the background. The afilliate part was more by accident, started a poker blog (for pleasure rather than money) and found I really enjoyed writing, saw others had adverts and looked into it - finding affiliate programs.... found PAW / Warrior Forum and saw that some people were making a lot of $$$ in this field (and just as many making none!).
Have spent the last 6 months learning and building content - my plan is to have a long term success via the SEO and content model (though I'm researching the PCC / 'Bonus Code' ways as well with a view to targeting Eastern Europe with these later).
After the summer I will probably go back to work

, already in negotiation with a large US banking group who need someone to head up their outsourcing division here in Eastern Europe... plan is to do a few more years of the corporate bull**** - retiring before 40 with a nice income from my poker afilliate business (thus the long term plan!!!).
So far been a pleasure working with all of the PAWers and hope this will be a long term aspect of building my business.
Cheers, Mark