PAW is back up and running
We have restored PAW to its operating condition before we got hacked. We did lose a few days of posts from over the weekend, but overall considering how bad they hacked up the site, I am quite pleased. Thank God for backups.
These Turkish hackers had **** refresh tags with the redirects going to their site embedded in several spots all over the site. Not too mention they had changed the admin email addresses on a few sites. We still do not know exactly where the exploit was that allowed them in, but it was not just PAW. It was a root level hack as many of the other sites on the server got hacked as well.
And these hackers have been quite busy....143,000 results.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...d+&btnG=Search
Anyhow I could go on and on about it, but more so I am just happy to be back up and running. Kudos to Cameron from our Australia office for getting everything back. And thanks to you guys for being patient as we rebuilt the php, sql, and all that other techie stuff I have no clue about.
Also a few of you have asked about the Network. We have that hosted on a completely different server and nothing to do with the PAW Network was affected.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Last edited by Jeremy : 07-24-2007 at 10:27 PM.
|