Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
hawthorne hawthorne is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
Default Affiliation Policy concerning privacy / anonymity

I plan to set up a poker website for the German and also International market.
I just read the terms and conditions of the GNUF affiliate prgram and saw, that the owner of the website, as indicated by the WHOIS, has to be the person registered with the GNUF account.
In Germany we do have the problem that online poker for money is not legal and advertising is prohibited. So in order to be safe in this respect, Iīd need to set up the website with a provider that doesnīt give out my private data.

Does only GNUF poker have this clause?
How do other rooms treat this?


I already found out that almost all poker websites are run by persons that are not mentioned in the WHOIS.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
erich4711 erich4711 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 36
Send a message via Skype™ to erich4711
Default

I am in the Austrian market and here is the problem the same. I have my sites running with godaddy.com, you can buy additional "privacy", so WHOIS is always godaddy. I am now 5 years in the market and had never a problem with a casino or a pokerroom with this case. I must say, i am not offering GNUF poker, I even dont know them. And with my rooms I really dont have any troubles (everest, pkr, party, pokerstars, fulltilt, poker.com, pacific and so on ...)
__________________
Web-Poker.TV
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 AM
hawthorne hawthorne is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Hi Erich,

GNUF is a relatively new room in the microgaming system. I donīt know why I read the terms of GNUF, but I browsed some directories and stumbled upon them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
erich4711 erich4711 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 36
Send a message via Skype™ to erich4711
Default

i never had read the terms and anyone knows my sites - the advice to go to godaddy came from everest, and as i said, i had never troubles - maybe you should take an other room instead!
__________________
Web-Poker.TV
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 769
Default

I think godaddy is great host. They have all kinda of extra features that are easy to install...joomla...wordpress...forums...ect
__________________
Writing poker room reviews for only $20!. This is a limited time offer so PM me now!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Before anyone jumps the gun here, there is good reason why GNUF put this in their T&C's. I am certain the guys at GNUF put this in their T&C's as a protection against fraud. With that said however, knowing them, if you simply explained your situation and exactly why the WHOIS is not in your name, I'm sure they will allow you to promote.

We had the same problem on our network with the Asian affiliates that scammed us out of $25K in CPA fraud. None of these guys submitted sites that were actually registered to them.

Just because your site isn't registered directly to you doesn't mean you are up to no good, it just raises a red flag that needs a simple explanation. And your explanation in respect to the German market sounds fine.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2007, 02:43 PM
hawthorne hawthorne is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Before anyone jumps the gun here, there is good reason why GNUF put this in their T&C's. I am certain the guys at GNUF put this in their T&C's as a protection against fraud. With that said however, knowing them, if you simply explained your situation and exactly why the WHOIS is not in your name, I'm sure they will allow you to promote.
I wrote them an email about two days ago and didnīt receive an answer yet.

Thatīs why I opened this thread. Thanks for the responses so far - Iīd be glad if we could collect some more opinions and experiences concerning affiliation in markets where promotion is prohibited by law.

By the way, how do American affiliates manage this? How do they get paid right now? Neteller isnīt a way right now, I suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 AM
hawthorne hawthorne is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

Just because your site isn't registered directly to you doesn't mean you are up to no good, it just raises a red flag that needs a simple explanation. And your explanation in respect to the German market sounds fine.
So, I register a domain with Godaddy.
Then I contact the poker room and tell them that I canīt show my true identity because itīs not allowed to promote real money online poker in Germany. Did I get it right, is there something else to keep in mind, when getting started?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2007, 10:57 AM
stiankr's Avatar
stiankr stiankr is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 108
Default

Its the same in Norway that promoting poker and gambling is illegal. But this only apllies to you if you have a .no domain. If you have a .com, .net or similar there is nothing they can do about it. Maybe its the same in Germany?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 AM
hawthorne hawthorne is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
Default

@stian

Perhaps thatīs the same in Germany
But as I donīt know for sure, Iīd like to hear how the others have solved this issue. In fact, there are not many countries where you can promote legally, so there should be a number of different approaches to be found.

greetz
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Affiliation casinos-right General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-02-2007 09:49 PM
The affiliation casinos-right New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-14-2007 01:28 PM
One Hell of a Privacy Policy adioking The Cocktail Lounge 1 12-13-2006 11:16 AM
ICANN: How much privacy do you expect? pokerguy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-26-2005 05:10 PM
Poker Affiliation Millman General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-14-2005 01:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0