Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Well you dont know much about tax..... if a company is offshore, its profits can **ONLY** be taxed in the country its set up in - Period - 100% cant be taxed by any other country.
I live in the UK, i have professional accountants that confirm this.
But if the money stays in the company and doesnt leave it, i cant see how ANY country in the world can tax it as its nothing to do with the US or UK or any other country other then the country its set up in.
and as i said, if you're spending that companies profits, thats another matter.......
|
I live in the UK and I'm an accountant by trade, but even so I'm not a tax specialist.
But under current UK tax laws if you have a controlling interest in an offshore company then it is taxed as if it is a UK company regardless of whether your bringing the funds back to the UK or leaving it sitting offshore. Its termed a Controlled Foreign Company or CFC in tax terms.
If you have an accountant who has set you up differently then I would be very interested to hear, as all the tax specialists I have spoken to have advised me the same.
Drop me a PM if you can shed any further info as I would be interested to hear what your accountants have said.