Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 07-07-2007, 03:15 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 80
Default A little encouragement for me today

I'm happy about checking my e-mail today and having someone ask me how they register to join aintluck.com and how much it costs. (obviously dosn't cost anything)

The back story behind this is that I put up a forum and social networking system on aintluck.com about 4 days ago, but only had like 3 sign ups. So i temporarily removed the forum until some bigger traffic starts coming.

Whats encouraging is to Know that someone liked my idea and forum design and recognized it as good. What I've learned from this is, that its extremely difficult to start a forum these days, even if it has unique features and looks cool.
__________________
Learn How to Player Poker - Online Poker Table Skins - Poker Myspace Layouts Aint Luck
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 07-07-2007, 08:15 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 946
Default

A forum is really hard I think to keep people talking. Without stimulating conversations going on daily than why would others join they think it's dead.

I closed my forum about 5 weeks ago, I have posted a not stating that it has been closed temporary however if they would like to join they will be notified when the new one is open.

Each week I am still getting visitors, I am still getting sign ups and oddly enough more people are visiting now than when it was open. I plan to reopen it once I hit 700 signups.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 AM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,234
Default

I agree with forums. You need to put a lot of work in them unless your niche is so kick ass it has to have a forum.

Although i do like forums for posting quick news items and updates to information like promotions and stuff like this. SE's like forums that update all the time.

Then again you can use a blog for this too.

Cheers
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange Google Results Today Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 4 03-09-2007 04:47 PM
PokerRoom Can't Pay US Aff's Today freydaddy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 02-01-2007 09:11 AM
WTF is this? Call Your Senator TODAY! stillshadow General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 09-29-2006 07:45 PM
Started receiving weird SPAM today... Help! Bryan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 06-04-2006 04:36 PM
Google is my best friend today MilanFlyer Search Engine Optimization 6 11-03-2005 04:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0