Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:02 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,158
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Titan Poker

I have been giving alot of thought regarding this. My Am at Titan has asked for me to consider making Titan my top priority room and what it would take for me to do so in terms of CPA or rev share.


I do remember hearing affiliates talk about being screwed over last year. Roughly around the time I joined so I am wanting to get opinons about the program now.

Does anyone who promotes Titan still have difficulties with deals that were made and being paid what you were promised?

Do you recieve your payments on time?

Of course when I talk with him later today I would like all details emailed to me for confirmation but I don't think that's really enough to back yourself with anymore.


Any opinons on others experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 182
Default

The only problem with Titan is that they will offer you a fantastic CPA to make them the #1 room you promote, but a little way down the line if your player value isn't enough to sustain that CPA then they pull it from you and try and persuade you over to Rev share.

Theres nothing wrong with this as such as really you shouldn't be paid a high CPA unless your player value is in line with it, but the thing here is that they should never offer it to you in the first place just to get into your #1 slot.

This happened with me where I negotiated an excellent CPA deal with Titan and sent them a shed load of players over the space of a year, but then not long after the UIGEA and when they dropped US players they suddenly didn't want to pay the high CPA's they had originally agreed.

So Titan is no longer my #1 site, because of the way they treated me, despite the number of players I had sent who actually had a reasonable player value attached to them.

But they had obviously been ordered by the management to reduce CPA's that were being offerred post UIGEA and try and switch people over to Rev share - and it didn't really matter what kind of relationship they had already built up with the affiliate.

Other than that In terms of dealing with them - I had no problems, payments were regular and without problems and my relationship with my affiliate manager was good and he was always willing to put time/effort/money into various promotions proposals I put to them.
__________________
Online Poker Strategy | Poker Tournament News | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - list up to date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:18 AM
mftpg mftpg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budapest, An Englishman Abroad
Posts: 69
Default

Good questions Kaus - I promote Titan via my blog and just can not seem to get RMPs however many clicks... was thinking of changing room but would be interested in hearing the experiences of the more experienced members first...

For example here is month to the date (20th) for my Plan3t Gong blog - impressions / clicks / downs / RMPs

Total 2465 51 1 0


similar ratios each month and only 2 rmp's in the 4 months of promoting them... Realise that many of these impressions come from US readers - its the 'clicks to downs' ratio that I am starting to worry about!

Interested in views....

Cheers, Mark
http://plan3tgongpoker.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,181
Default

If you have a lot of US readers why not switch to a good room that also allows US players , Such as stars or bodog , why waste traffic


As for the original question , any time i hear titan or euro or casino partners i run the other way
__________________
Poker Players see what Poker Rooms Allow USA Players , Find out How To Qualify For The 2008 Wsop And Get Your Pokerstars Bonus .Not From The USA Then Get The Top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Or If Your A Casino Player From The U.S. Find Out What Casinos Accept US Players , Affiliates See Our Casino And Affiliate Programs ......
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,432
Default

You can avoid the entire, "Is this a good idea or not?" question by offering them the #1 spot on a flat monthly advertising basis. Set your price at whatever you think the spot is worth each month, and let them take it or leave it.

Be willing to do a long term enough deal with them that it's worth your time to make the website changes but a deal that's short term enough that you can renegotiate when your traffic goes up in 3 months or 6 months or whatever.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 270
Default sites wanting higher positions

hi

first off I just like to get on ok with Titan - there signups and rev etc seem to work out about average compared to other sites for me.

and yes I have them on my top position (which they asked for along time ago as a 1st site so I've stuck with them there) and I started out on CPA -

they maybe did have probs 18mnths ago with tracking but that seems to have been solved pretty soon after everyone had issues - so I like them as a co to work with

The whole "put us at the top" routine is in my experience pretty standard across lots of AM's and sites - so its not just titan

maybe other affiliates disagree but I dont think it makes a whole lot of difference overall - yes top slot is going to catch the eye traffic but if you put a totally lame room at the top you wont get those eye candy signups - a recognised site further down will perform better in a "worse" spot - so if they work out ok for you then put them at the top

I will guarantee some of other sites you "rank lower" will want to be higher etc - but I think those homepage positions only account for 30% of total focussed or probable signup traffic

+ I would say 70% of my signups come from getting the targetted traffic further into the signup process in the first place - not random conversions off the homepage - but that might be just my personal feelings

of course alot of AM's want their site higher than others but I have sites not really even on the homepage that outperform some of the higher sites featured on the homepage

Logic would way put those sites on the homepage featured high up - but whether AM's like it or not I've found that doing that doesnt affect the monthly signups by a worthwhile margin

I would say if Titan want top slot and you like them - then do it and work with them

also as an aside - personally I'm far happier now I'm on rev share with them and other sites -

It takes the pressure off not worrying if the players your getting them are profitable players to justify the CPA
and they're a bit more chilled as they dont have to keep an eye on your player values and can spend that time
helping both you and them develop increasing revenue - however modest that may be.

bit of a ramble but hope helpful

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
Titan Poker Problems NeverBeg General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 12-29-2005 02:07 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0