| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 06-13-2007, 09:52 PM
|
|
Affiliate Managers
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 124
|
|
Okay there seems to be some confusion.
Basically as I have said before if one of your PDC players signs up at Carbon from another affiliate site they will be tracked back to you the original affiliate.
Klaus you are correct- If one of your players signs up at another site, not a site under PDCAffiliates then they will not be tracked back to you as the other site (i.e IronDuke) have their own affiliate program and tracking.
Carbon Poker and PDC are the only two brands under the PDCAffiliate program atm;
Cheers,
Ellen
|
 06-14-2007, 03:19 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 634
|
|

This makes sense to me..
It works the same on most poker networks just like this. It seems people are getting really upset over this without a lot of reason to be.
I always just don't work to hard to promote networked sites on MGR. When I do a top poker rooms list I put the sites on a network down a few slots if I'm on MGR and weight the ad allocation accordingly.
Ongame - For the most part unlimited
iPoker - some rooms linked but for the most part unlimited
Prima - completely unlimited
Action - Up to 3 accounts on the network but can cancel accounts and resign up, totally strange policy.
Excapsa and the PartyNetwork were the only two I can recall who at one time or another did not allow people to sign up at multiple sites on the network. Both networks don't really exist for the most part now.
Its not like the Merge Network is doing something completely unprecedented here. Their traffic is fairly poor and condensed to small limits. It makes sense for them to bring on a bunch of skins.
Just my personal opinion but I think they could do some stuff different to prevent becoming a network like Action which still is small even though they have a ton of skins.
hire props for $3-$6 FL and higher only - get the tables staffed with a bunch of them at $3-$6 through $10-$20.. then offer a big incentive for players to play at these tables.. they are so against rakeback so maybe some type of VIP bonus or something that is only at $3-$6+ . Or maybe a high hand jackpot, a bad beat jackpot and w/e else they can come up with to fill these tables. or just break and offer rakeback... these games would not be hard to staff with props initially then it could be reduced to like 2 props per table and closed once the traffic is there.
The other big thing would be focusing on tournament traffic and tournament promotions - think way outside the box on these.
IMO though this network is barely worth promoting but its not because they changed names, or added skins. Its because nothing is present right now to increase player value and traffic at the higher games that I can see.
I'de much rather take 20-25% MGR at Everest where players stick and are worth 10x more than take 40% at a network like Action or Merge where the player value just sucks and does not even appear there is an effort to increase it. bringing on skins is not the solution for that.
Carbon should just drop the whole 40% deal and pay affiliates 25% flat and put the 15% into making our players worth something.
__________________
- Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
- Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
|
 06-14-2007, 06:51 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,177
|
|
I agree with most of what you said. I am not angry at the whole skins thinsg.
What I am angray about is the lack of communication from the get go.
Affiliates did not know Carbon was opening till after the fact
Affiliates could not promote Carbon till a while after the fact
New skins open and noone knew till again after
When asked about tracking issues I feel was talked in circles
The problem here is the lack of communication and not just this newtwork of affiliates either. Questions have been asked throughout and its always the same response.
As far as what you said regarding things to "reinvent" them self you are bang on. Fo most players it is not that attractive of a site for game play. Instead of offering tehse $50K freerolls why not make it a fabulous overlay with buyins and qualifiers.
__________________
|
 06-14-2007, 09:41 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 130
|
|
Sorry to be off topic here, but what exactly is the reason why I have to login 3 times to view my full stats? That is extremely annoying and I find it hard to believe that it's that difficult to fix. I really hope someone makes that a priority, its silly for affiliates to have to get annoyed with something like this when all you have to do is fix it.
|
 06-14-2007, 10:04 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 634
|
|
I don't have to relogin to view stats
__________________
- Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
- Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
|
 06-17-2007, 04:55 PM
|
|
Affiliate Managers
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 124
|
|
Hi Offyourface,
It is not normal that you have to log-in three times to see your stats, please drop me a line at and we can try and get to the bottom of this issue.
Cheers,
Ellen
|
 06-17-2007, 06:50 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,232
|
|
Quote:
|
Hi Offyourface,
It is not normal that you have to log-in three times to see your stats, please drop me a line at and we can try and get to the bottom of this issue.
Cheers,
Ellen
|
I also have to log in 3 times.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
|
 06-17-2007, 08:20 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,231
|
|
You guys might have an old bookmark that might be causing the problem.
Try going through the main site to the affiliates section and see if it still happens.
Just an idea.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code
Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
|
 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,232
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1
You guys might have an old bookmark that might be causing the problem.
Try going through the main site to the affiliates section and see if it still happens.
Just an idea.
|
I just checked and for some reason it only happens if you go to pdcaffiliates.com without using a bookmark. If you bypass the homepage and try logging in to the 3rd login position ie: this url you only have to log in once.
http://pdcaffiliates.com/admin/statistics.html
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.
|